*charging* You do you do it?

Thread: *charging* You do you do it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    kj2

Question *charging* You do you do it?

I've a GX-56 with of course Tough Solar.
    But since a while the battery will go to medium in a few minutes, so I've to charge it again.
    My question; How do you it? put it the sunlight, or under a lamp?

5 minutes in bright sunlight should be enough for the rest of the upcoming days, but mine need to charge every single day to keep it on high level.

- So, how do you charge your tough solar G ?

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

Re: *charging* You do you do it?

You'll need more than 5 minutes! It's a big battery. The good news is, once you have it fully charged, you may never see it drop down to medium again.

Your charge level is on the boarder between high and medium. That's why it keeps moving between the two. At this time of year, you probably won't have enough sunshine to get the charge level to the high end of high. Even on medium charge, the battery will still last something like 6 months without ever being exposed to light, and if it doesn't go into energy saving mode. Check your manual for more accurate data.

Also, search the forum. There has already been a lot of discussion on charging the batteries.
    Last edited by DragonJade; December 31st, 2010 at 13:12.

Get your WUS badge now from the WUS store.
    >> Support WUS by clicking through to our sponsors sites. <<
    >> Buying from a sponsor? Tell them WUS sent you. <<

The threshold between Med and High is between Level 2 and Level 1. So you still need 49 hours of cloudy daylight to get it to full charge. "High" does not mean "fully charged". There is no indication for that.
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Mine charge themselves with no input from me.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

kj2

Thanks for all the comments ;) - Will keep my G the upcoming days on the window-sill.

Quote Originally Posted by kj2 View Post
    Thanks for all the comments ;) - Will keep my G the upcoming days on the window-sill.
    Good idea. Just leave it in the window for a day or so. The sun doesn't even have to make an appearance for the watch to charge. Mine never leaves high.
    If I bleat when I speak, it's because I've just been fleeced!

Al Swearengen

A day in the sun like this during the summer will see it through to next year

The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

Quote Originally Posted by Maine View Post
    A day in the sun like this during the summer will see it through to next year

Nice picture and watch.
    Citizen Chrono-Time AT
    Citizen AT4003-04E
    Citizen Calibre 2100
    Citizen Nighthawk (US version)
    ESQ Stratus
    G-Shock 9200 (Riseman)
    G-Shock G9000BP-1
    G-Shock GW530
    G-Shock GLX-5550
    Parnis Power Reserve Automatic
    Star Performer Black IP (Blue LED's)

I change all my solar powered watches with a flashlight that gets to about 190 lumens when sunlight is hard to get.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

I have a GW300 that sits on my bathroom sink about 6 feet away from the window. It has stayed at full charge about 2 years now. I put it there one day and now both I use it and my wife, when getting ready for work in the morning. I have several watches so that one has found a place where I would never have thought it would be It also always get a radio sync there

I do not recommend letting it stay in a hot window all day. Sun and heat destroys resin. If you want to put it in direct sunlight I would suggest putting it in a glass or bowl of water to keep it cool helps the resin and battery. How much, I dont know but hey its easy and free to do it that way

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information