[HELP!] My first watch - Gshock - what model to pick?

Thread: [HELP!] My first watch - Gshock - what model to pick?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation [HELP!] My first watch - Gshock - what model to pick?

Hi guys,

First of all, never had a watch (noob, I know). Always had a mobile phone instead. Until one day when my Android-based software phone crashed, and I slept instead of going to an important meeting.

So... got to buy a ALARM watch...

I always liked Casio G-shocks. But I am so used to my super-advanced software apps with many alarm options! What model to pick?

Here's some of my requirements for a watch...the alarm is the most important.

Got2have:

- the option to pick a alarm from monday to friday at 8 o'clock. That's for the working days (week days). It's unacceptable to have a daily alarm and set it every day. No, no. I don't wanna "talk" to my watch every day (I don't do that with my girlfriend either), I just wanna set the watch once, and do its job.

- long time sound for the alarm! I'm a heavily sleeper. 10 seconds it's not enough for me. At least 30 seconds for the sound would be ok. Selectable period would be even better.

- AND: If I don't press the stop alarm button, just repeat the alarm until I stop it!

- Led notification - optional, but still would be nice to have.

Note: I've searched all over the Internet, found NOTHING with all these options. Am I requesting too much for a watch? I mean...i find these options very natural! Nothing uncommon, in my opinion!

If you consider answering my thread, I would like to thank you so much for your advices, guys. I really appreciate your time and opinions.
    Last edited by init3; March 4th, 2011 at 23:55.

Re: [HELP!] My first watch - Gshock - what model to pick?

Quote Originally Posted by init3 View Post
    Hi guys,

First of all, never had a watch (noob, I know). Always had a mobile phone instead. Until one day when my Android-based software phone crashed, and I slept instead of going to an important meeting.

So... got to buy a ALARM watch...

I always liked Casio G-shocks. But I am so used to my super-advanced software apps with many alarm options! What model to pick?

Here's some of my requirements for a watch...the alarm is the most important.

Got2have:

- the option to pick a alarm from monday to friday at 8 o'clock. That's for the working days (week days). It's unacceptable to have a daily alarm and set it every day. No, no. I don't wanna "talk" to my watch every day (I don't do that with my girlfriend either), I just wanna set the watch once, and do it's job.

- long time sound for the alarm! I'm a heavily sleeper. 10 seconds it's not enough for me. At least 30 seconds for the sound would be ok. Selectable period would be even better.

- AND: If I don't press the stop alarm button, just repeat the alarm until I stop it!

- Led notification - optional, but still would be nice to have.

Note: I've searched all over the Internet, found NOTHING with all these options. Am I requesting too much for a watch? I mean...i find these options very natural! Nothing uncommon, in my opinion!

If you consider answering my thread, I would like to thank you so much for your advices, guys. I really appreciate your time and opinions.
    I think you need a good alarm clock, not a watch with alarm.
    Have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by kurzjak View Post
    I think you need a good alarm clock, not a watch with alarm.
    What do you mean?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by init3 View Post
    What do you mean?
    G-shock will not wake you up, it's just too quite. I'm telling this on my experience. You should probably buy alarm clock and a watch :)
    Have a great day!

easy get an iphone ... LOL

i use my G-Shock with snooze alarm everyday as my daily alarm. its not LOUD, but loud enough to wake me up. i turn the snz alarm off every friday after i wake up, and turn it back on every sunday nite before i go to bed.

and i talk to my wife everyday when she was my gf.

i remember some casio or timex has programmable alarm, G7700? Ironman? DataLink?

Rolling eyes Re: [HELP!] My first watch - Gshock - what model to pick?

Quote Originally Posted by kurzjak View Post
    G-shock will not wake you up, it's just too quite. I'm telling this on my experience. You should probably buy alarm clock and a watch :)

agree on this! Get both just in case you forgotten to on your alarm or set correctly but the least, you still have your watch alarm turn on automatically daily.

The alarm can be heard but can be a little soft especially for guys like you, a deep sleeper. My guess is you do wear your watch to bed. I think you just have to get use to the watch alarm sound so you could actually recognize it and wake up when you are asleep. you can consider getting my G-Shock GD-100 which have 5 alarms to set.

I written a brief review with picture to share : http://bergkamp10watchsite.wordpress...k-gd-100-1ber/

Bergkamp10,

A watch maker in disguise,

A football brain equivalent to the making of a timepiece

http://howtobuildawatchcollection.wordpress.com

Most Timex Ironman or Expedition watches have 3 alarms that can set to daily, weekdays, or weekends. In my experience Timex alarms are louder than G Shock alarms. I don't know how long the alarm duration is for the G Shock or Timex watches.

Quote Originally Posted by twincity View Post
    Most Timex Ironman or Expedition watches have 3 alarms that can set to daily, weekdays, or weekends. In my experience Timex alarms are louder than G Shock alarms. I don't know how long the alarm duration is for the G Shock or Timex watches.
    Can you suggest some specifict Timex models, please?

Thanks everyone for your posts. Willing to hear more opinions.

I own these Timex's so I know they have 3 alarms that can be set to Daily, Weekdays, Weekends. Also these models have the feature where the backlight flashes when the alarm sounds. The backlight on these two models lights up the display, not the watch face.

Timex Expedition: T40941

Timex Ironman: T5E901

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information