[Non-G] Casio MRW-200H
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: [Non-G] Casio MRW-200H

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

[Non-G] Casio MRW-200H

As you can probably guess by now, Casio MRW-200H is a well-known watch that needs no further introduction. Much of its popularity can be attributed to the fact that it is so inexpensive - $17 to $20 in Amazon, to be exact. But do not let its low price deceive you into thinking that is unreliable or is easily broken. On the contrary, many reviews on the Internet are undoubtedly in favor towards the watch satisfactory built and performance.

I bought my watch last Easter Sunday (April 20, 2014) at Time Depot inside a local mall, Abreeza (Davao City, Philippines). It costs me PHP 995 (~US$ 22.32 at 44.75 pesos to a dollar), not far but still a little more expensive than the prices listed online.

Without any further ado, allow me to share my own personal experience. As I was reading on the online reviews, there were some comments complaining about the second hand stopping by between the lines, as oppose to stopping by directly above the lines. You may probably call this knit-picking, but when it comes to a watch’s second hand movement, I see to it that it aligns perfectly with the graduated lines on dial. So when I went to the store and finally got hold of the watch for first time, I immediately held it close to my face to observe the second hand movement. And, much to my relieve, the second hand did hover briefly along, and not in between, the lines.

So, there you go. I hope I cleared things up regard this topic. And I hope this little review help you in your purchasing decision.

nigelw and Sedi like this.

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Re: [Non-G] Casio MRW-200H

Nice review and nice watch, wear it in good health!

The topic with the second hand alignment is probably luck (like on many much more expensive quartz watches too).
    So if you catch one with a good alignment, hold it!

I love MRW-200 line.. got several of those... with 6 of mine, only 1 unit got the second hand not perfectly hitting the mark..
    the accuracy is great, i've measured mine with time.is and they are about +5-9secs/month ... very great performance miyota movement.. its a tough inexpensive casio and changing battery is also straight forward... i've changed 1 of mine. it use sr626.

my wife use 1 for daily watch and it stand the active use very well.. (she dont like digital and she said the mrw is very legible for quick glance)

the one i use most is the same model as yours... here're some that i've ever posted..

idkfa likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hey a fellow Filipino :) Welcome!

I have been eyeing this one too, since it's very inexpensive in the US. I might just add one to my list ;)

Wear it in great health Kabayan :)
    I am worth more than any item in my watch box.

Does the bezel turn?
    Just your average Japanese watch fan: Casio, Citizen, Seiko

View my collection **here**

View my feedback by clicking **here**

Your friendly neighborhood enabler,

Otto

[Non-G] Casio MRW-200H

My favourite thing about this watch is that it is an almost perfect drop-in to the MDV-106 case:

I still need to align the chapter ring and dial. There is also a solar version of this watch but I believe the case dimensions are different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Yep.

In both direction with no ratchet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottovonn View Post
    Does the bezel turn?

Quote Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
    My favourite thing about this watch is that it is an almost perfect drop-in to the MDV-106 case:

I still need to align the chapter ring and dial. There is also a solar version of this watch but I believe the case dimensions are different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gotta try this mod someday... thanks for the inspiration buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Ottovonn View Post
    Does the bezel turn?
    Yes it turns both ways. It is just held stationary from friction. Very snug fitting bezel. The lume is so bad it might as well not have any. The watch however is a top notch accurate time piece.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

Thanx for your feedbacks. Regarding the lume, although it's not as good as other watches', still better than nothing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information