Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By StephenWatch
  • 1 Post By Steelerswit
  • 3 Post By Time4Playnow
  • 1 Post By Joakim Agren
  • 2 Post By grinch_actual

Thread: A £3999 MM GWG1000 - really!!

A £3999 MM GWG1000 - really!!

I'm all for a free market, and if you have the spare dosh why not, but, would you??

G-Shock Mudmaster - 11/32 Box Set 2016 - Ultra LTD - G-Shock 32nd Anniversary | eBay

Name:  £4000 gwg 1000.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  138.8 KB
    Time4Playnow and Adam020 like this.
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Re: A £3999 MM GWG1000 - really!!

i will say it again,,,,asking and selling are to different things.

yes its real. its #11 of 32. original price 1000 Euros.
    Time4Playnow likes this.
    Call Sign - Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenWatch View Post
    I'm all for a free market, and if you have the spare dosh why not, but, would you??

G-Shock Mudmaster - 11/32 Box Set 2016 - Ultra LTD - G-Shock 32nd Anniversary | eBay
    Hopefully no one on the forum here actually has that version (or if they do, hopefully they did not pay such an exhorbitant price).

I like a good limited edition as much as the next G fanatic. Key word being "good." This thing is a flipping JOKE. Take a 1A3 MM, slap a gold-plated keeper on the strap, and add a HUGE and ugly-a** LE number to the strap. Put it in a special case with a special tin and a Leatherman tool. Charge a ridiculous price. ha!!

To answer StephenWatch's question, NO, I would not. I would not ever buy this thing, even for $1,000, let alone $5k. Not a chance.

Usually a limited edition has something REALLY special and unique about it that gives it value. (like the titanium Frogs, for ex) Slapping a number on the band and adding a gold-colored keeper just doesn't cut it. Not at all.

I do not know the backstory on this one... I cannot believe that Casio actually put this together. It looks more to me like a third party with no ties to Casio bought 32 1A3s and added these special "touches" to them in an effort to rake in huge amounts of money. LOL

Fat chance. Good luck with that, crazy seller.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Apparently, £3999 was quite cheap LOL This has just been listed on Ebay, now at £8800! For a GWG1000?? What the hell is going on?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Casio-G-S...wAAOSw8b1aFJAI

Name:  expensive mudmaster.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  225.3 KB
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    Hopefully no one on the forum here actually has that version (or if they do, hopefully they did not pay such an exhorbitant price).

I like a good limited edition as much as the next G fanatic. Key word being "good." This thing is a flipping JOKE. Take a 1A3 MM, slap a gold-plated keeper on the strap, and add a HUGE and ugly-a** LE number to the strap. Put it in a special case with a special tin and a Leatherman tool. Charge a ridiculous price. ha!!

To answer StephenWatch's question, NO, I would not. I would not ever buy this thing, even for $1,000, let alone $5k. Not a chance.

Usually a limited edition has something REALLY special and unique about it that gives it value. (like the titanium Frogs, for ex) Slapping a number on the band and adding a gold-colored keeper just doesn't cut it. Not at all.

I do not know the backstory on this one... I cannot believe that Casio actually put this together. It looks more to me like a third party with no ties to Casio bought 32 1A3s and added these special "touches" to them in an effort to rake in huge amounts of money. LOL

Fat chance. Good luck with that, crazy seller.
    Other then the cool box itself there is one cool mod that is very unusual that I like on this one and that is that they actually engraved the numbers to the buckle as well as can be seen in this picture:

Name:  g-shock-mudmaster-limited-02.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  367.4 KB

But other then that then yes this limited edition was rather lame. It was released to celebrate G-Shock being 32 years in Germany (strangely though some of these where sold in France, Italy and the UK). It was €999 that can be compared to €699 for the same regular Mudmaster in EU. So it had a 50% mark up for as little effort in the design! I was surprised that you could actually buy this one at retail for as long as 1 month after release. Considering the extreme limitation and how fast popular limited editions fly off the shelf it seems that already at that price interest for this limited edition was a little lukewarm! So it is silly to see prices for this in the multiple of thousands...
    WES51 likes this.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

why do they put a tin INSIDE the watchcase? It's eiher a tin or a case, but both? :-/
    "Unum Non Satis"

Quote Originally Posted by Inca Bloc View Post
    why do they put a tin INSIDE the watchcase? It's eiher a tin or a case, but both? :-/
    The tin is for travelling if you want to store it in your bag whilst travelling. At least that is the answer G-Shock Germany gave a dude who was asking that very same question. Me personally would never travel with my watch inside a tin because they take up too much room and they get dented easily.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren View Post
    The tin is for travelling if you want to store it in your bag whilst travelling. At least that is the answer G-Shock Germany gave a dude who was asking that very same question. Me personally would never travel with my watch inside a tin because they take up too much room and they get dented easily.
    Anybody that buys that will be too busy licking windows. They are probably on no fly lists.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
    WES51 and MainePorsche like this.

Thread Information