¿Digital or Analog (or both...)?

Thread: ¿Digital or Analog (or both...)?

¿Digital or Analog (or both...)?

I scrolled thru many a page before deciding on which watch to buy, during which process the question arose whether to opt for a digital-only display watch or a dual analog+digi G.

At first, due to influence by the beautiful mechanical watches, I concentrated upon the dual models, but ended up buying digi only.
    My reasoning is that a digi watch must be tougher: the analog "hands" could come loose and fall off, the tiny motor use much more electricity, and would be -generally- more vulnerable to shocks...

What do you think, and what is the truth about sturdiness of analog G's?

I seen (forgot the name "GIEM" or something...) this wonderful new quite expensive (over $300) analog+ G "chronograph" watch on Japanese sites but the thought has hit me that this is, in fact, very far removed from the "G" philosophy, ¿¿¿if there be any such concept??? and in this sense, "one step beyond"...

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Re: ¿Digital or Analog (or both...)?

Hi Pablo man

It's a hard choiceB-)

Since getting my AWG Orange, (Pic below the below), I am starting to like the dual display

Brian's post talked me into a 1500 on the way.

I don't go much for the GAUSSMAN or similar MUDMAN, simply because I feel it represents a big lump on the wrist:-D

The sturdiness I would imagine is just as good, although possibly a little more fragile as the hands are really only thin bits of metal popped on to a pin in the centre, but I'm sure they are nice and protected within the casing.

Talking about "GIEM", could you possibly mean "GIEZ"? (Photo below)

if they put the name "G-Shock" on a watch with analog hands, i won't worry about the hands falling off

having said that, in the back of my mind, i still would think all digital is always more robust (no moving parts means nothing to fall off, due to shock or manufacture problem)

and i am not ready to drop my AWG500 from 25 stories off a building yet :-D

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Hi Pablo,

I guess it kind of boils down to a matter on taste. I'll admit at first I wasn't sure if I would like how it looked. Seeing one in person does help because sometimes there is just something missing from a picture. I have come to like them very much, my black GW-1500 seems to hog all my wrist time on the weekends now. Here are the 4 ani/digi that I currently have right now.

G-100

G-300

And my 2 GW-1500's

One of the really nice things about these also is if you are using either the stopwatch or countdown timer, you can still see the time with the hands. Some G's the time isn't displayed when using the other featuresO| . Ozz, you're going to love it .

Hi Ozzie, yes, it's the GIEZ (very, very good looking watch that is!), but there's a new one, with 3 separate analog type dials, much like the "other" brand chronographs, as I said, a very beautiful watch that new one, but sorta defeats the whole purpose, as I see it.

Of course I've always liked to say "it's quarter past three" rather the "fifteen-thirteen and 38 seconds" (leaving it to the other person to guess whether it's PM or AM...). That's what I like about analog: not exact, but very congenial.

Just took a shower. Didn't take my watch off (that's why I took a shower O| well, of course not...). It's bleedin' hot inside the house, we haven't got airco because we hardly ever needED it... these last years are HOT!!!

Inactive

Hey Pablo! You wouldn't happen to be talking about the Oceanus by Casio would you? Or is it a G-shock with 3 analog dials?

I think Pablo's talking about the GS-1000

http://watch-tanaka3.sub.jp/casio/GS-1000J-1AJF/

Yes, Atom man, that's the one! I offer apologies for not having searched and documented it for you guys and therefore thanks to you!
    You see there doesn't seem to be the slightest reference to any digital functions on that watch; that's why I figure it's gone just beyond what I associate with G, trespassing into the domain of many other (often luxurious) contenders...

Thread Information