100% charged

Thread: 100% charged

100% charged

Ok we all know the little dot meter that comes ona Tough solar G and others ! Is not dead on at a 100% all the time ! My question anyone know how long it takes in the sun outside bright sun to get one to full charge ! and how do you really know its fully charged ! again we all know tho little meters are way off a LOT ....

I also keep mine in the window and they get a lot a sun from a window daily facing west !

One more thing is it good or BAD to let you solar watches stay in the sleep mode for weeks even months at a time ??? and what problems will doing this cause or help if any ??? And will setting them outside in the direct sun help or hurt them ??? I sure wish they came with a TRUE power reserve on them !

Having piles well 6 or 7 Solar G's you just can't wear them enough to keepem charged up as G Shocks are not my all the time go to watch I collect Mech automatics more than G's BUT I love my G Shocks !

I guess what Iam asking what do you folks do to keep your Solar G's in top working order even IF you don't wear them all the time and keepem charged up ???:-S :-S
    Last edited by pipes; August 12th, 2006 at 22:43.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Re: 100% charged

in my opinion keeping them charged up 100% all the time is the worst you can do. it's never been good for any accumulator I'm aware of, always to be pushed to the limit. I think its okay if you wear them from time to time and give the watches a few sunrays.

about the sleepmode: well, I can't see any harm done with this. put a watch in SM will just make sure it won't run out of energy for a long time - month, years even.

I know follwing the guide lines by casio the tough solar models should always - or at least whenever possible - be exposed to bright light, but I don't do that - works perfectly for me and I never experienced a problem with a CTL-1616 model yet (I got four of those so far).

regards, holger
    We are 12.6 %

I guess after thinking about it ! It would depend on IF the battery used is the type with a memory ! If it is then you would need to run them down a LOT befor charging ! If not then you could just charge them full and keepem there BUT there is really NO WAY to tell when a Solar G is full charge those little dots are just averages ! they really need a power reserve meter on them that is MORE accurate than the one they put on them now IMHO !!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Never ending story with me

I think I may be sending a few more to the Netherlands soon for a G-Peopleland photo shoot

I don't believe keeping them at 100% charge damages them at all. Somewhere in the manuals for solar watches, it says that the solar cells can't be overcharged -- I think there was some sort of mechanism that stopped charging the storage cell once it was full, so that's not a problem either. If anything it's probably best to keep them fully powered, because keeping them "half" powered means that the battery's constantly being recharged by any light source, and discharged when you use alarms/lights/etc. It's the constant recharging/discharging that damages rechargeable batteries...

Thread Information