1289 module needed

Thread: 1289 module needed

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1289 module needed

The 1289 module on my black DW-6900 is toast so I need to install another. It would probably be cheaper to bin the watch but I've had it since 97 so it has sentimental value. Is the cheapest way to simply buy a newish but used DW-6900?

Thanks!

Re: 1289 module needed

May be eBay? Search for DW6900.

Also... have you checked out the part donation thread?
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=452564

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Call Casio and see how much a module costs?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Current
    DW-8200MS "Kermit in Smoke" Frogman
    DW-8200F-4 Red Frogman
    GW-200-2 "Navy" Frogman - modded
    DW-5000SP "Bloody Project Team Tough mod"
    DW-9900 Frogman
    DW-5700 with 5600EH crystal "Screwback Eric Haze"
    GW-5000
    Beater G-3110

What's wrong with the module you have? Perhaps it's not as dead as you think...?
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

Quote Originally Posted by Tsip85 View Post
    What's wrong with the module you have? Perhaps it's not as dead as you think...?
    Thanks for all the replies. Good tips. I fitted a new battery to the watch a year or two back and it seemed to die, showing something on the screen but very faint. It is possible that the new battery was duff so I should probably try fitting another to see if the same thing happens or not. I had something similar happen to my Suunto Core 6 months ago.

I'm assuming I could use the 3230 module instead of the 1289 in the same case?

Or look for an older used donor DW-6900. You can find them sometimes very cheap on eBay and other auction- and market websites.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Managed to bag a lightly used Gw-6900 with the 1289 module on ebay. I also managed to get the buckle off the old strap so I could slide on a new keeper. https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/how...ap-529156.html :-D Unfortunately when I was cleaning the glass to get the water stains off it, bizarrely, part of the case broke off, the protruding part around the illuminator button! Maybe I cracked the case by screwing the original strap back on and tightening the screws as that's where the fracture seemed to arise from. All in all, a bit of a disappointment lol...I guess I could glue the case back together...it is cracked down to the back of the watch so water resistance is no longer possible. Or just bin the watch at this point heh...have to be more careful when tightening up those screws in future.
    Last edited by Plissken; December 5th, 2012 at 12:59.

Update: Bought some new CR2016 batteries and it would seem that the new battery I installed in it last was duff as the module DOES work after all! Great news. Should have checked that at the outset. I guess I'll be selling that extra Dw-6900 I bought for parts.

Was wondering - do you guys tend to keep the original bezels and straps on your old Gs or swap them out?

I think I'll glue the bezel together and see how I get on - fitting a new bezel would kinda ruin the character of the watch and is a last resort for me. I had a quick search on the best type of glue to use on here for bezels but came up with nothing. I decided to give Loctite 406 a try which is designed for rubber and plastic. Should be ok although the strap can bend backwards and put pressure on the area to be glued so it might not last very long. We'll see.

The actual watch itself is not damaged luckily. I need a new gasket though for the back and to get the watch stains off the glass. Otherwise we are in business! Thanks for all the input.
    Last edited by Plissken; December 12th, 2012 at 18:40.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information