2 Compasses for the Riseman

Thread: 2 Compasses for the Riseman

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thumbs Up 2 Compasses for the Riseman

OK, so after a bit of hunting around, I was recently able to find and pick up one of those compasses which a couple of guys here posted pics of the other day, made by SILVA of Sweden.

Here's a quick wristshot for you ...

Question: Which one do you think looks better on the Riseman, the black SILVA above or this metallic grey HIGHMOUNT below...?

Personally I like the slim and stealthy look of the SILVA but I have to say I've actually and unfortunately found that it makes the watch not so comfortable to wear (2 buddies also tried it and said the same thing). No problems if I wear the watch a bit loose though but I'm not really used to that.

Regarding function and quality I think the Japanese made HIGHMOUNT is the go, smoother float and much quicker response of the direction needle, also better overall construction in its metallic casing (100m water-resistant tested) giving it a sturdier feel. And not really a bad looker either if you ask me....

Last edited by kiwidj; September 26th, 2008 at 20:52.

Re: 2 Compasses for the Riseman

The Highmount looks the better compass, but the Silva blends in better. I've bought a Silva one identical to that and it's accurate, but I agree it can be a little slow. It also doesn't fit my Mudman strap. It fits perfect on some of the others though, like the DW5600 and DW6900. Do you think the Highmount would fit a Mudman (G9000) and where could I get one?
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

both compasses fits the watch well, the black one is stealthier of cource, but the metal one looks good in conjunction with the light button. personally I like as less as it gets "bling-bling" on watches, so my choice is the silva compass. but if the other one is more comfortabble to wear, go with that, you even might be able to stealth it with black metal-paint.

regards, holger

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Those Silva's come in flurescent too, I might pick one of those up.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxorcist View Post
    The Highmount looks the better compass, but the Silva blends in better. I've bought a Silva one identical to that and it's accurate, but I agree it can be a little slow. It also doesn't fit my Mudman strap. It fits perfect on some of the others though, like the DW5600 and DW6900. Do you think the Highmount would fit a Mudman (G9000) and where could I get one?
    Like the Silva it's a perfect fit on the Riseman, so prob no joy on your muddie. I'm actually putting in an order for a few more of these Highmounts soon for some buddies so if you want in and need details shoot me a PM (btw, these are only available in Jpn). Cheers.

Silva.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

where did you get the black SILVA compass from?!

Quote Originally Posted by zerostar2410 View Post
    where did you get the black SILVA compass from?!
    Mine was from a UK supplier, but I think they deliver international.

http://www.ukge.co.uk/UK/product.asp...=any&PT_ID=all

http://www.ukge.co.uk/UK/product.asp...=any&PT_ID=all

i like both, but favor the silva! stealthy

If you're going to wear a compass at all...

...I'd go for the better quality Highmount. But if the Silva is more comfy and it appears to have a better protected crystal, that might be the best option.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information