2 new G-Shocks, can only keep 1
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: 2 new G-Shocks, can only keep 1

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

2 new G-Shocks, can only keep 1

My wife went out and bought me a G7900-1 for Christmas and didn't tell me. At the same time, I ordered a GD350-8 from Amazon.

I like them both, but now I'm torn. I can't see myself keeping two as I have a watch I wear to work with a suit, so I'm only keeping one. Anyone have both and have a favorite? I'm going to be using it mainly for lap swimming in chlorinated pool, lake swimming in summer, running and chasing our kids around the house.

I joined this forum a few days ago and love the honest opinions and camaraderie of the membership. I've spent way too much time looking at these forums while I wait for the GD350 to arrive.

Thanks for any opinions!
    gripmaster likes this.

Re: 2 new G-Shocks, can only keep 1

GD 350 unless you need the tide and moon. love the vib alarm.

Damn I was looking forward to a game of "Eliminator"... but I have neither and shouldnt give a vote then... I do predict a big fanbase for the GD-350 though... lets see what tomorrow brings!
    my only advice is the one you know: keep them both! Or on second thought: keep the gift! it has more meaning than the order from amazon.
    but since that one was not expensive I return to my initial reaction: keep. them. both.
    not being helpful? lets see how many more vote for keeping both, I predict another landslide....
    Last edited by gripmaster; December 15th, 2014 at 23:52.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gripmaster View Post
    Damn I was looking forward for a game of "Eliminator"... but I have neither and shouldnt give a vote then... I do predict a big fanbase for the GD-350 though... lets see what tomorrow brings!
    my only advice is the one you know: keep them both! Or on second thought: keep the gift! it has more meaning than the order from amazon.
    but since that one was not expensive I return to my initial reaction: keep. them. both.
    not being helpful? lets see how many more vote for keeping both, I predict another landslide....
    Agreed. Unless you're strapped for cash, keep them both.
    Seiko SKX781 "Orange Monster"; Deep Blue Protac 1k; Deep Blue DayNight T25; Traser P5900
    G-Shocks: G5600GR ; G5600CC ; G7900A-7 ; MTGM900 ; MTG910DA ; GW2500B ; MTGM530 ; G7900-2DR; GW6900A ; G7900MS ; GLX 5600

rule number 29 of F17: only addition choices, ABSOLUTELY no question about subtraction LOLz

Your wife know about the Amazon order? You clearly ordered the one you truly want, either way get rid of the GD350. Don't piss off your wife, and don't let her acknowledge hidden purchases
    Cbrbamby09 and watch_geek2014 like this.

Delta-Whiskey-Delta-Five-Five-Zero-Zero.....huh, it's the positive display one

Delta-Whiskey-Five-Six-Zero-Zero-Echo
    6645-01-356-5944

Foxtrot-Niner-One-Whiskey

That's a tough one, these are two of my favorite (non-master) G-Shocks. I have both and both have their place in my collection. In fact, even as I'm thinning my collection of basic G's, I'm fairly certain that these are two I'll definitely hold on to. I live on the coast, and the 7900 is my Kayak/beach watch due to the tide feature. The GD-350, on the other hand, is my go-to watch for anytime I use a timer. I use it to time my dog walks, workouts, even to keep track of Ebay auctions when I'm around the house. I feel it has a great deal of functionality for the price and a great display. It sounds to me as if the 350 might be the way to go for you as long as you have no use for the tide feature, and more importantly that your wife would not be offended if you return of the 7900.

All that being said, and this being F17, I feel it is my obligation to tell you....KEEP BOTH!

For me it was easy. I had 4 G-7900's at one point. Foolishly sold them all. I bought a GD-350 and returned it in under 1 hour from delivery and have since bought back another G-7900.The fits me better and has everything I need. Return the GD-350 and keep the G-7900. IMO Casio's EL is better on the eyes than the bright white LED's.
    Tobiased Opinion likes this.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

Quote Originally Posted by Rocat View Post
    IMO Casio's EL is better on the eyes than the bright white LED's.
    I need to go to the store to see the 350's LED in person. Is it about the same as a GD100/GD110?
    Seiko SKX781 "Orange Monster"; Deep Blue Protac 1k; Deep Blue DayNight T25; Traser P5900
    G-Shocks: G5600GR ; G5600CC ; G7900A-7 ; MTGM900 ; MTG910DA ; GW2500B ; MTGM530 ; G7900-2DR; GW6900A ; G7900MS ; GLX 5600

Easy decision....keep both. Don't insult the woman by returning her gift. Wear the one you want.
    Rocat, raceclawt and Ash1979 like this.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account:

Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information