2300B1V nylon to resin

Thread: 2300B1V nylon to resin

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    258

    2300B1V nylon to resin

    I should be able to swap out the nylon strap on my 2300B1V for a resin strap like that on the 2310...shouldn't I? Is it just a matter of taking the strap adapters off and putting the other band on? I ask because in my world, nothing is as simple as it seems.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    158

    Re: 2300B1V nylon to resin

    FWIW, I had no trouble putting the resin strap from a G2300-9V on a G2300-1V. Simple spring bar type swap with no trimming or modifying required.

    End result:


  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    OwNeD
    Posts
    859

    Re: 2300B1V nylon to resin

    Quote Originally Posted by buffalohead View Post
    I should be able to swap out the nylon strap on my 2300B1V for a resin strap like that on the 2310...shouldn't I? Is it just a matter of taking the strap adapters off and putting the other band on? I ask because in my world, nothing is as simple as it seems.

    Good question. I've got one coming in the mail and I plan to put a resin band on mine also.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    19

    Re: 2300B1V nylon to resin

    yes, mtds is right. i received my 2300b-1v last weekend and did the swap. pretty simple and straight forward with the spring bar type. word of advice, the four screws that are located at the side of the watch, don't worry about unscrewing it, i thought the 2300b-1v had the same setup like the mtg910 when switching watch bands, but it does not. just squeeze out the spring bars and pop in the resin bands and you are good to go.

    i really like the look of the 2300b-1v with the resin band and the band is not uncomfortable either.


    Quote Originally Posted by mtds View Post
    FWIW, I had no trouble putting the resin strap from a G2300-9V on a G2300-1V. Simple spring bar type swap with no trimming or modifying required.

    End result:


  6. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    OwNeD
    Posts
    859

    Question Re: 2300B1V nylon to resin

    Quote Originally Posted by ayvecs View Post
    yes, mtds is right. i received my 2300b-1v last weekend and did the swap. pretty simple and straight forward with the spring bar type. word of advice, the four screws that are located at the side of the watch, don't worry about unscrewing it, i thought the 2300b-1v had the same setup like the mtg910 when switching watch bands, but it does not. just squeeze out the spring bars and pop in the resin bands and you are good to go.

    i really like the look of the 2300b-1v with the resin band and the band is not uncomfortable either.

    Where did you buy your resin strap and how much did you pay? I found one at http://www.casiosalesandservice.com but they are asking $18.10 which seems kind of pricey (considering I bought the watch brand new for under $50.00!)
    Last edited by Xfactor; February 22nd, 2008 at 15:37.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    158

    Re: 2300B1V nylon to resin

    In my case, I originally bought a G2300-9V but didn't care for the colors on the head, so I bought a G2300-1V, swapped straps, and sold the 9V head with the 1V strap. This was probably not the most economical route to take, but that's what I did.

    I've since done a partial stealth of the G2300-1V with 9V strap and I like the watch even better. It is one of my favorites.

  8. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    OwNeD
    Posts
    859

    Picture Re: 2300B1V nylon to resin

    I just put a new resin strap on my G2300B and really like it. I ordered a new one and when it arrived it was completely straight. So I did the procedure in the How To section of how to put a curve in your strap. The results are below:

    Heated water to 150 degrees and put the strap in for 15 minutes. I turned the burner off as soon as I put the strap in the water.



    After 15 minutes, I removed the bands and ran them under cold water.






    The results were good, although I think the curve is fairly extreme. Fuctionally the curve is good, but aesthetically I think the curve could have a better appearance. If I were to do this again I would not roll the bands up and cinch them with a rubber band. Rather, I would take a measuring cup, say 1/2 cup size, and form the bands around the cup and cinch them with a rubber band and drop the cup into the water. I think the curve would look similar to a factory curved band that comes on watches. All in all I'm glad I did this and the band is extremely comfortable now.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts