3 different Atomics, 3 different Sync Times?!

Thread: 3 different Atomics, 3 different Sync Times?!

EHV

3 different Atomics, 3 different Sync Times?!

Now, don't get me wrong. This is not a complaint just an observation with a question.

I love my G's and I get a kick out of waking up and seeing that they have synced over night.

I am up to three atomic solar's as of yesterday and another one on the way tomorrow. (You guys have destroyed me!).

Last night, one synced at 12:04am, the second one at 1:04am and the third at 3:04am.

Obviously the signal is coming through loud and clear but can anyone explain why it's happening at different times on each watch?

Thanks!

Re: 3 different Atomics, 3 different Sync Times?!

Interesting, I just looked at my three Gs and two sync at 12:04 and the third at 12:05. I live in the Pacific Northwest. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime-in. I wonder if it could be atmospheric conditions

EHV

That one is interesting too. I have to wonder if the sync operation on your third watch is just taking longer than the other two hence the :05 VS the :04.
    And I would tend to agree with you about some degree of difference due to atmospheric conditions. I also wonder if certain modules are more sensitive in their atomic receiving capabilities?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Generally, my digital G's sync with exact same time, but my Giez is always a fraction of a second slower. I am not sure if this has to do with the time it takes to sync for each watch... My Giez has the worst reception out of all my G's. In terms of the hour difference between all your watches... I am not sure if your DST setting would affect anything. Maybe the G experts can chime in.

If I'm not mistaken, some watches start syncing at midnight, but others (I think my PAW1300s) start at 0001. So they take the same time to sync, but start just a bit later.

I have personally observed varying sensitivity of the antennae, even within the same model. I have a plain -1V PAW1300 which syncs very well. My -3V PAW1300 sometimes takes until an hour or two later when the ambient interference has died down.

Tied in to the above, some of mine can take an extra minute or even two to sync if there is enough interference.

And this does not even bring into play the older models which did not "sync it and forget it". Several of mine start at 0200 and sync on the hour every hour, stopping at 0500. I think the GW1500 starts at midnight and syncs through until 0400.
    Last edited by WT_351; September 3rd, 2010 at 04:01.

My two atomic G's ALWAYS sync at different times. 2:04 and 5:04! And they always do sync if stored in the watchbox.

I have five Atomics and they never sync all at once.

Some G's stop at the first successful sync. Other G's, like my MTG 960D sync again even if the previous one was successful. Typically up to 5 sync max.
    Most times my MTG960 sync time shows 5:03 am.
    Ghobbit

Thread Information