30-30-30-30!
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: 30-30-30-30!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

30-30-30-30!

Today is the 30th, just got my 30th G-Shock! It's a 30th Anniversary Limited Edition and it closes Casio's 30th Anniversary for me!! amazing how it all lined up like that for me! haha so this is my good luck watch!

1st for anyone from India interested in the tracking, to see how long a watch takes from Japan to get here, thought I would get it on Sunday but really glad the postman showed up today:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6930 tracking.jpg 
Views:	570 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	1327774

and I got hit with customs..

Rs.2500/- ($40) so around 26-27% of watch price..

ah well.. at least it was packaged properly:

Name:	DSC09031.JPG 
Views:	548 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	1327775

Name:	DSC09032.JPG 
Views:	538 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	1327776

glad it wasn't Devastated! lol

Inside there was some paper to prevent it from moving around, no bubble wrap etc..

1 thing I have always suspected is that TIP-TOP and E-Bloom are the same sellers.. they always get stock and sell out at the same time from what I have seen..

The day I bought this watch from Rakuten Global, both had the watch in stock, same price.. I went with TIP-TOP and then when I checked later E-Bloom was sold out as well..

The address on the box says TIP-TOP:

Name:	DSC09033.JPG 
Views:	535 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	1327777

The E-mail address on the card inside says E-Bloom:

Name:	DSC09034.JPG 
Views:	536 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	1327778

No free tea or kit kat or anything like that.. lol

Name:	DSC09036.JPG 
Views:	534 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	1327779

the watch box was fine, the tin had a tiny dent in it, that I just pushed out with my fingers.. it's fine now.

I really love this watch! My wife likes it a lot as well.. she says it's better than the EMINEM. She wanted to be the 1st one to wear it.. haha

Meth cooking time!

Name:	DSC09062.JPG 
Views:	558 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	1327782

The yellow reminds me of Heisenberg's Hazmat suit. The bobble head is a darker shade of yellow, but it was lighter on the show.

Name:	DSC09067.JPG 
Views:	586 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	1327783

My 2nd Metal Keeper:

Name:	DSC09055.JPG 
Views:	531 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	1327784

Metal Keepers look cool, but they will get scratched easily and 1 problem I faced with the Eminem was that it just kept sliding off.. it wouldn't sit in place, so not really a fan of them as such.. But I do like that it adds a more premium feel to it.

Name:	DSC09053.JPG 
Views:	528 
Size:	121.0 KB 
ID:	1327787

Made in Thailand! for some reason I prefer that.. even the Eminem is made in Thailand. So it looks like Japan is making the high end stuff, then comes Thailand with some special limited editions and China is making the basic stuff.. My Vito is made in China.. anyways. Don't mean to start the whole Thailand Vs China thing again! lol

Name:	DSC09056.JPG 
Views:	559 
Size:	117.2 KB 
ID:	1327789

Worked out a little expensive for me, life would have been a lot easier if Casio India just had to release it here.. But I love the watch, so don't mind. I'm glad I didn't have to buy the Eminem from Japan as well.. that would have killed my wallet.

Name:	DSC09059.JPG 
Views:	535 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	1327790

Very Happy with with watch, looks damn good!

I started Casio's 30th Anniversary with the Rising Red 6930.. so it was fitting that I close with this. It's cool that Casio decided to upgrade the DW6900, good move by them.. am really loving the GDX's! can't wait to see what 2014 brings!

And I love that this is my 30th watch!

31st G is not far away! haha should get it this week.. it's free though, won it in a contest.. I don't know what it will be, hope its a good one!

cst

Re: 30-30-30-30!

I think this is my next g, nice write up, thanks for posting! Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    starscream likes this.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Nice watch, but Walther White is just gorgeous

cheers
    starscream likes this.
    We are 12.6 %

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cst View Post
    I think this is my next g, nice write up, thanks for posting! Enjoy
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    Nice watch, but Walther White is just gorgeous
    Haha, am looking forward to getting the Jesse and Saul bobble heads that are coming out next year!

Name:	1526621_749649521730529_1743610653_n.jpg 
Views:	456 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	1327828
    dhodesign and Crater like this.

Starscream you are soooo funny - I can actually picture you running around the house screaming like a 5yr old :-D

Keep it coming and long may it last.
    The 7900's are my favourites, although the 56s are currently my focus. But nothing is excluded, except pink Risemans.

Quote Originally Posted by CanonMan View Post
    Starscream you are soooo funny - I can actually picture you running around the house screaming like a 5yr old :-D

+1 on that The enthusiasm is very contagious, makes me want to get one

I'm glad the box didn't arrived devastated, good for a change

Enjoy wearing it, really nice watch, I can see why your wife called dibs on it lol

Nice report Starscream!

A very lovely G that is for sure!

But that purity on the box!

The aliens wanted to infect your G and now you are infected. So I am sorry to say starscream but expect nightly visits and abductions from aliens from now on...

Purity, more commonly referred to as black oil, and called "the black cancer" by the Russians, was an alien virus that thrived in petroleum deposits underground on Earth. The virus was capable of entering humanoids and assuming control of their bodies. It was sentient and was capable of communicating. It is the "life force" of the alien colonists, which they seemingly use to reproduce their kind, as well as infect other alien races in order to conquer the universe.

Name:  Purity.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  17.4 KB

Name:  2865155.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  9.7 KB

gripmaster and Kawei like this.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Quote Originally Posted by CanonMan View Post

Thanks! haha a little 2 cold to be running around the house, but I did keep shoving the MNM in my wife's face every 10min telling her to look at it! lol she was like "I saw it!" I was like "nooo, you did not see the pillow, even that is autographed!!" "and the black caseback!" haha

Quote Originally Posted by Crater View Post
    +1 on that The enthusiasm is very contagious, makes me want to get one

I'm glad the box didn't arrived devastated, good for a change

Enjoy wearing it, really nice watch, I can see why your wife called dibs on it lol

Thanks bro, go for it!! glad to see you are loving your King, what do you plan on getting next?

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren View Post
    Nice report Starscream!

A very lovely G that is for sure!

But that purity on the box!

The aliens wanted to infect your G and now you are infected. So I am sorry to say starscream but expect nightly visits and abductions from aliens from now on...

Purity, more commonly referred to as black oil, and called "the black cancer" by the Russians, was an alien virus that thrived in petroleum deposits underground on Earth. The virus was capable of entering humanoids and assuming control of their bodies. It was sentient and was capable of communicating. It is the "life force" of the alien colonists, which they seemingly use to reproduce their kind, as well as infect other alien races in order to conquer the universe.

Name:  Purity.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  17.4 KB

Name:  2865155.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  9.7 KB

hahaha man, that pic of the girl will give me nightmares! was wondering what that black stuff was! I think I've seen a horror movie where a person was puking black tar like that? i forgot the name tho..

thanks! hope you get your Rangeman soon!
    Crater and gripmaster like this.

Great choice, starscream

I had the pleasure of trying on the model at G-Shock East, and was really quite impressed: I found it very comfortable with a great strap and buckle, even if the keeper isn't ideal. The watch I tried had a nice and even LED illumination, probably because the faceplate covers the edges of the screen. Enjoy!
    starscream likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerlike View Post
    Great choice, starscream

I had the pleasure of trying on the model at G-Shock East, and was really quite impressed: I found it very comfortable with a great strap and buckle, even if the keeper isn't ideal. The watch I tried had a nice and even LED illumination, probably because the faceplate covers the edges of the screen. Enjoy!
    thanks! yeah it is nice and comfy.. i like the resin on this one and on the MNM as well.. this one has a nice LED backlight, I like that it's white, maybe they should have used the same colour on the MNM as well instead of the blue they chose to go with..

I've always wondered how complicated it is to make these LED backlight colours..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information