30th Anniversary 5600 Screw-back question.
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 30th Anniversary 5600 Screw-back question.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

30th Anniversary 5600 Screw-back question.

Hey guys whats up. I was really wanting a new 5600 screw-back, but as you know the prices are OUTRAGEOUS. I know for the anniversaries, they come out with one or at least i think. So my question is what are the chances they do come out with one, and what do they usually cost? Also will they be available in the USA, or have to be imported?
    Thanks,
    Mark

Re: 30th Anniversary 5600 Screw-back question.

Hi,
    chances are pretty high - but it won't be a 5600. Screwbacks nowadays carry a 5000 model number. They released screwback re-issues for the 10th, 20th and 25th anniversary AFAIK - don't know about the 15th. There were several different ones for the 25th - the "Rising White", the "Ocean Grey" and the "Project Team Tough" - the "Spike Lee" was also released in 2008 but I think it does not count as an anniversary model as it doesn't have the "25" in the model number like the others. I don't know if all of them were sold worldwide however. The "Spike Lee" (DW-5000SL) was an export model - it is not even listed in the "G-Shock Perfect Search" which only lists the JDM models. Retail price for the "Spike Lee" was 149€ I think - probably the same in US$. Don't know about the others though. Judging by the prices Casio charges right now I guess the price will be much higher for the 30th anniversary screwback.

edit: this link says the "Spike Lee" also counted as an anniversary model - I'll have to check the box at home if it carries the 25th anniversary logo somewhere.
    G-Shock News | Casio - G-Shock

edit again: indeed the tin says "25th anniversary":
    http://www.ebay.de/itm/CASIO-G-SHOCK...item3375bb24d2

cheers, Sedi
    Last edited by Sedi; May 14th, 2012 at 02:23.
    kurzjak likes this.
    Cheers
    Sedi

The "Spike Lee" was only about $140 here in the U.S. Awesome deal! The lack of screwbacks for nearly 5 years has really changed the pricing since then.
    Current
    DW-8200MS "Kermit in Smoke" Frogman
    DW-8200F-4 Red Frogman
    GW-200-2 "Navy" Frogman - modded
    DW-5000SP "Bloody Project Team Tough mod"
    DW-9900 Frogman
    DW-5700 with 5600EH crystal "Screwback Eric Haze"
    GW-5000
    Beater G-3110

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

would be cool to get a simple affordable screwback in 2013. i didnt buy a new g-shock since the frogman final edition. so it is time!
    regards,
    gerry fonklover

Thanks for the info Sedi!

Quote Originally Posted by kmmmm12345111 View Post
    Hey guys whats up. I was really wanting a new 5600 screw-back, but as you know the prices are OUTRAGEOUS. I know for the anniversaries, they come out with one or at least i think. So my question is what are the chances they do come out with one, and what do they usually cost? Also will they be available in the USA, or have to be imported?
    Thanks,
    Mark
    Here we are in 2013 and so far no screwback models released / announced. Not all is lost and they may show something still, but I would imagine that prices will most likely be inflated, especially if instead of going for a non solar / non atomic version they will release a GW-5030...
    >>> MtothaJ <<<
    Incoming:
    nothing at the moment
    Currently owned: Casio G-Shock DW-5600EG, Tissot PR 50 Automatic, Atlantic Grand Prix Automatic
    Gone: Casio W-60U, Casio TS-100, Casio G-Shock GW-M5600/M5600BC TikTox custom, Casio SGW-300H, Tissot TwoTimer, Doxa Grafic

Quote Originally Posted by MtothaJ View Post
    Here we are in 2013 and so far no screwback models released / announced. Not all is lost and they may show something still, but I would imagine that prices will most likely be inflated, especially if instead of going for a non solar / non atomic version they will release a GW-5030...
    I remember someone mentioning that the original DW-5000C was released in April of '83 so they were speculating the 30th anniversary to be released this April. We shall see.

When it comes to a 30 year anniversary screwback, this is how I feel. Casio is on the left, I am on the right. I especially, especially, especially want an all DLC titanium screwback. Casio, 2 please.

JoseCanseco likes this.

LOL. Never seen that one. I'm in the same boat—I wasn't into squares (or G-Shocks) in '08 and there's no way I'm paying what a Spike Lee goes for nowadays.

C'mon Casio
    Attachment 988356

Quote Originally Posted by JoseCanseco View Post
    I remember someone mentioning that the original DW-5000C was released in April of '83 so they were speculating the 30th anniversary to be released this April. We shall see.

I wonder if Casio will have a big announcement at Baselworld at the end of April? For the past few years they've made big model release announcements while at Baselworld, and the timing seems right this time for something like that.
    Fer Guzman likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information