Which 5600 model has the biggest digits?
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Which 5600 model has the biggest digits?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Which 5600 model has the biggest digits?

As am getting older, I find myself preferring watches with larger digits. Not that I can't read smaller digits, but they are just easier on the eyes. I love the simplicity and classic look of the 5600. Which model has the largest digits? Thanks!
    "Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory."--Albert Schweitzer

Re: Which 5600 model has the biggest digits?

I believe GW-5600j but it can only display the day OR the date so if you like to see both that is a drawback. After the 5600j the models with the 3159 module are probably the best, gwm5610 gws5600 some of the 5500 models or gw5000

This comes up a LOT -- just Google "5600 biggest digits" and you'll find three or four threads from this forum alone!

Here's a link to what I think is the best comparison photo we've had so far by kung-fusion, showing the DW-5600-C, GW-5000 and GWM-5610 (same module), and GW-5600J: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/g-5...ml#post5854214

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The question should be ''which square has the clearest display?'', since the digits size is basically the same size.

For bigger digits I would go with GD-350 model, but if you want square, 3159/3160 like Fer said have very clear LCD, the background is whiteish greyish and thick numbers are very easy to read.

mitadoc likes this.

Another square (not a classic square however) with big digits is the G-7800. Most Protreks have much larger digits than G-Shocks - maybe that's an alternative. Of the current G-Shocks I think the GD-350 has the largest digits. Of all the G-Shocks I had so far - the G-3011 takes the cake:

The MTG-M900 (update of the MTG-900) has also pretty large digits.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by Crater View Post
    The question should be ''which square has the clearest display?'', since the digits size is basically the same size.

For bigger digits I would go with GD-350 model, but if you want square, 3159/3160 like Fer said have very clear LCD, the background is whiteish greyish and thick numbers are very easy to read.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have been looking at the GD-350. The reason I narrowed it down to the 5600's is that I want to put a bracelet on it. I don't think I can find a bracelet for the GD.
    Crater likes this.
    "Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory."--Albert Schweitzer

A bracelet? So how about that one?:
    Casio G Shock Men's Watch Digital Natural Face Silver Bracelet MTG M900DA 8CR 079767975227 | eBay
    Bracelet already installed and huge digits - much larger than any 5600 model.

cheers, Sedi
    OCDood likes this.
    Cheers
    Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    Casio G Shock Men's Watch Digital Natural Face Silver Bracelet MTG M900DA 8CR 079767975227 | eBay

cheers, Sedi
    I have that watch, Walmart sells it cheap. It is top-heavy, unbalanced and slick, rotates around my wrist too easily as it tries to become bottom heavy by going upside down, face down. Additionally, the buttons are buried in complete surrounds, making them hard to push.

Under $65 delivered,
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Casio-MTG900...item27dc8d9c8b
    Last edited by yankeexpress; January 2nd, 2014 at 03:52.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account, Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

10 reasons to dump facebook:

https://www.komando.com/tips/527072/...cebook-in-2019

The GW-5600 has nice big digits, and one of the clearest G-Shock displays. The lack of clutter on the timekeeping screen makes it extremely easy on the eyes. It also happens to be one of the strongest waveceptors at receiving a US time signal.

The GW-5600 can take a composite bracelet, but not the same bracelet that can be used on many other squares. This particular bracelet ( part number 91087855441 from the reverse display model - GW5600BCJ-1 ) is not easy to find.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by Buzzbait; January 2nd, 2014 at 03:00.
    idkfa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    I put my MTG-900 on earlier today and am wearing it now. It does have the largest digits of any G I own and is easiest to read.

It was the first G I ever bought. and the second watch I purchased last January after not wearing one in years. I remember being surprised at how heavy it was and fell in love with it on the spot, but over the past year it got pushed to the back burner by all the other watches I acquired and I haven't worn it in ages.

I had forgotten how good it felt on my wrist and how much I liked it. The bracelet fits me perfectly after removing a link or two, which isn't always an easy thing to accomplish, and I never have a problem with slippage or it not staying in place.

I've heard other people talk about the chrome chipping but mine is as nice as the day I bought it. I know it's not among a lot of peoples favorites, but is one of the more underrated G's IMHO.
    riffraff and frhoads like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information