5600 panelback to screwback

Thread: 5600 panelback to screwback

jongsungpark

5600 panelback to screwback

Hi everyone,

Has anyone tried to customize your 5600 panel back to screwback? Just wondering if it is possible. Ugh... this screwback obsession....

Thanks,

JSP

Re: 5600 panelback to screwback

Quote Originally Posted by jongsungpark View Post
    Hi everyone,

Has anyone tried to customize your 5600 panel back to screwback? Just wondering if it is possible. Ugh... this screwback obsession....

Thanks,

JSP
    No way possible. Even if it was you wouldnt be able to tighten the cap enough before the plastic case would crack.
    Last edited by apnk; December 18th, 2009 at 16:57.
    Rolex Explorer, Tudor Pelagos, Sinn EZM3

forget it! alone the costs would be much too high. 5600c vintage models in great condition are available for under 100 usd. get one.
    regards,
    gerry fonklover

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Never seen or heard anyone trying this

A screwback DW-5600E would be great, I'd buy it in a second. Unfortunately the closest would be to get a DW-5000SL and put standard 1545 module in it.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTime643 View Post
    A screwback DW-5600E would be great, I'd buy it in a second. Unfortunately the closest would be to get a DW-5000SL and put standard 1545 module in it.
    Which is exactly what I did!
    Experience is what you end up with when you didn't get what you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by jongsungpark View Post
    Hi everyone,

Thanks,

JSP
    Heh-heh-heh! I understand the feeling! And no, I don't think it's a good idea to try.
    JUNGHANS Radio-Controlled WWVB, G-2500, GL-150, G-7300 TOUGH SOLAR, G-9100 GULFMAN,
    G-9000 MUDMAN, DW-5600 MODULE 901, DW-5000SL, DW-8200 FROGMAN, G-2900, Timex (Analog) Perpetual Calendar Model T2D461, Freestyle (Analog) Shark Hammerhead, Timex (Analog) Perpetual Calendar Model T45441.

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKWATER View Post
    Which is exactly what I did!
    Right move!
    JUNGHANS Radio-Controlled WWVB, G-2500, GL-150, G-7300 TOUGH SOLAR, G-9100 GULFMAN,
    G-9000 MUDMAN, DW-5600 MODULE 901, DW-5000SL, DW-8200 FROGMAN, G-2900, Timex (Analog) Perpetual Calendar Model T2D461, Freestyle (Analog) Shark Hammerhead, Timex (Analog) Perpetual Calendar Model T45441.

Your best hope of this is to find someone with the CNC skills and equipment to mill you out a new case out of whatever metal you want. You can get generic round crystals and gaskets from watch parts suppliers. You should be able to use the same pushers from the plastic 5600 in your new metal case but you'll need new C-clips or E-clips. While you're at it take the module apart and replace the bendy metal clip that operates the buttons and the plastic spacer between that clip and the circuit board with a thicker spacer (mill them out) so you can put in a nice CR2032 battery. I've always HAAAAAAAATED the way they shrunk the battery in that model. You'll need to mill out a new bezel too, and you'll also need to glue a new piezo buzzer on the back of the new screw on caseback. If you want fancy graphics on the inside of the crystal look for a silk screen printer. It ain't gonna be cheap or easy. But it's theoretically doable.

Try finding a community college that teaches CNC machining and maybe one of the students will make you one.

You might consier making the case and crystal thicker so it'll be water resistant to 300M. This would be the absolutely BEST G-shock mod ever.
    SPROING!!!!

(oops! Time for a new watch!)

Thread Information