5600C questions

Thread: 5600C questions

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

5600C questions

Just picked up a 5600C off the exchange for $70. I feel I paid a fair price for the watch, as it is in good shape but far from new. Here are some pictures from the seller.

Anyways, my questions are these.

1. Can a genuine 5600c bezel be bought anymore for any price?
    2. Does mine look to be in acceptable shape/will it last much longer?
    3. Why will the 5600e bezel not fit this watch?
    4. What can I do about the scratches in the crystal? Is it best to just live with them?
    5. What preventive maintenance can I do as far as bezel/strap care?

Thank you WUS

Re: 5600C questions

I think you got a GREAT deal. That one looks very nice. I really like how the caseback retains most of the original "graining" and no clumsy opening marks - VERY NICE!! The bezel looks original (?) and the lettering paint looks great as well. Can't tell if the strap is original or later piece. Is there any molded lettering near the ends of the strap on the underside? Should say something like 141 F-6. If it is a Casio replacement strap it would be a 141 F-9 or F-10 . The vintage resin can be VERY unstable if you wear the watch a lot. i.e. the bezel could "chunk off". Original Casio replacement bezels can still be had but can be VERY expensive. I actually use Meguair's Rubber and Vinyl cleaner/conditioner which is a car care product on my vintage resin. Has never hurt it (touch wood :). A funny thing about these bezels. I got this DW-5600C-9CV on a aftermarket Brazil bezel and here it is on the newly arrived original Casio bezel. Funny because this bezel cost me more than the whole watch :D. I think you did GREAT. Congrats -Ronbo
    Last edited by ronbo; July 3rd, 2012 at 22:35.

The watch band says 141 F5. So this is an original band? Any way to tell what year this watch was made?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Just give it a scrub with some warm soapy water and a soft-ish toothbrush, it will come up a treat.

Exceptional deal on a classic! The case back is in great condition and the band looks to be in good shape, after a cleaning and scrub it should look mighty nice.

Cheers!
    G-Shocks
    Origins, Master of Gs, Sky Cockpits, G-Lides, Standards, Specials

G-Shock Collaborations
    Maison Martin Margiela, CLOT, [email protected], ICERC, LRG, Subcrew, Turbokolor, Brooklyn Circus, Eric Haze, Marc Aurele, Lo.wer, Stussy, Bape, Hundreds, Dee & Ricky, Krink, Nigel Sylvester, ALife, Parra, In4Mation, Illest, Wu-Tang, One Piece, Akira, Ultraman

nice find!

3. Why will the 5600e bezel not fit this watch?
    i think the shape of the back side of the 5600E bezel doesn't fit the shade of the SS case of 5600C. there is a thread somewhere that show you which part you need to remove in order for the 5600E bezel to fit on a 5600C case
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ronbo View Post
    ..... I actually use Meguair's Rubber and Vinyl cleaner/conditioner which is a car care product on my vintage resin. Has never hurt it (touch wood :)....
    Ronbo ... Why do U prefer to use Meguair's? I bought and try probably every product on the market for cleaning, moisturize, conditioning .... rubber, vinyl, plastic ... including Meguair's line ... and im pretty confident that the best product for my vintage G-Shocks is VINYLEX by Lexol. So ... easy question .... WHY???? :)

Quote Originally Posted by ddrroonnee View Post
    Ronbo ... Why do U prefer to use Meguair's? I bought and try probably every product on the market for cleaning, moisturize, conditioning .... rubber, vinyl, plastic ... including Meguair's line ... and im pretty confident that the best product for my vintage G-Shocks is VINYLEX by Lexol. So ... easy question .... WHY???? :)

I use Meguiar's as well... I have not tried Vinylex. What makes Vinylex better?

Yup It's original. The DW-5600's ran with F-4 thru F-6. I also have a very late all original black resin model with a 141 H-1 strap. I know this strap to be correct as my DW-5600 D-1 "Blue Marble" from 1992 has the same H-1 marked strap just different color resin. Here is a list of early G's and corresponding strap marks. Cheers -Ronbo List of Vintage Gshocks, Early G-Shocks, Retro GShocks and Rare Gshocks

I have been using Meguairs for years. Just brand loyalty I guess. Cheers -Ronbo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information