6900 rescue project
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: 6900 rescue project

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

6900 rescue project

Guys, I need some advice.

From Ebay I acquired a battered 6900R module for virtually nothing. Glass is fine, module works fine but the bezel is toast and there were no straps.

Reason for that is pictured. One of the spring bar mounts has snapped at some point.

My question, esp now I sadly can't ask Keith at Tiktox anymore, is which part name do I need to look for (it's the inner white shell but it won't be called that), where (in UK) and will it be better to just source a donor 6900. Are they all the same?

It's my first 6900 so I'm not familiar.

Happy to pay for replacement part too, should someone's spares box be overflowing.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
    The 7900's are my favourites, although the 56s are currently my focus. But nothing is excluded, except pink Risemans.

Re: 6900 rescue project

DW-6900R?
    I am more familiar with the DW-5600 series, but for the squares, PacParts call it the 'case/center assembly' or 'case center'. They do not have a picture of it for the DW-6900R, but here is a link to the page - PacParts: 91087969037.

Their photo for the case center for the DW5600E-1V suggests it includes the buttons, glass, and bezel - PacParts: 91087056999. I have not ordered one from them, so I can't confirm whether it does or not. Also, my understanding is that PacParts assigns their own part numbers, so they probably would not be recognized of you called Casio UK with them.

Best wishes for your project!

Quote Originally Posted by jzoo View Post
    DW-6900R?
    I am more familiar with the DW-5600 series, but for the squares, PacParts call it the 'case/center assembly' or 'case center'. They do not have a picture of it for the DW-6900R, but here is a link to the page - PacParts: 91087969037.

Their photo for the case center for the DW5600E-1V suggests it includes the buttons, glass, and bezel - PacParts: 91087056999. I have not ordered one from them, so I can't confirm whether it does or not. Also, my understanding is that PacParts assigns their own part numbers, so they probably would not be recognized of you called Casio UK with them.

Best wishes for your project!
    Thanks jzoo, v helpful. I don't think it matters which model the part will come from - certainly it doesn't to me - but yes I will call casio UK with that info. Ta muchly.

jzoo likes this.
    The 7900's are my favourites, although the 56s are currently my focus. But nothing is excluded, except pink Risemans.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

if you are not choosy about color, check ebay UK for a dead 6900 and swap modules. could be cheaper.
    Call Sign - Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.

6900 is 6900 as long as you don't go for a GDX which were made bigger. So basically anything that's a DW will be the same size. Casio UK have always been very helpful and low priced when I've ordered bits from them in the past.

If it were me I'd get a price from them, and if too much try and get a dead/battered one from eBay as a donor. Might make it more difficult if you need to stick to a white one though.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

Thanks guys. I'll give casio UK a call Tuesday, and scour for for donor. Even a new DW at £50 odd would still leave me feeling like I got a bargain. Colour doesn't matter as long as parts are compatible.

The GW case is slightly different so make sure you don't order that case or bezel. They look very similar but are incompatible.

Aye, cheers Kevio

Quote Originally Posted by kevio View Post
    The GW case is slightly different so make sure you don't order that case or bezel. They look very similar but are incompatible.
    Forgot about that!

Anything DW will be fine mate, let us know how you get on with Casio UK.

If you're interested, I have a vintage jelly bezel that's a pale yellow colour with black lettering, (no it's not yellowed with age), that would go nicely on a white case. I tried it on a black case but the dark colour showed through the yellow too much.

I haven't managed to find straps to match, but if you're interested let me know and I can send you a photo by PM?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    CanonMan likes this.
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

Cheers bruv, but I'm putting the whole thing in new MS black resin. Should help the face plate and gold metal work pop nicely.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information