6900's...Love 'em or Hate 'em, Let's see 'em!!
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: 6900's...Love 'em or Hate 'em, Let's see 'em!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

6900's...Love 'em or Hate 'em, Let's see 'em!!

I never really considered myself a fan of the 6900. Since the "beginning" I had a DW002 and always preferred the bigger, "chunkier" Gs. I think the main thing that kept me away from the 6900 was the fact that EVERYBODY had them. Working around teenagers all the time, it seemed to be the only model G I would ever spot in public. Because of this I always found myself looking for something bigger and something that just isn't seen very often. But, the "modder" in me began to speak. What initially drove me away from the 6900 (the fact that there are SO many of them) is what has seemingl drawn me to them...purely by "accident," of course.

My G collection "started" when I received three Gs for Christmas a couple of years ago. Of the three, one was a 7900 and two were 6900's.

While my collection grew, I didn't pick up my third 6900 for another 6 months. And this one was purely by accident. I had originally bought it for my father in-law as a Father's Day gift, but he couldn't read it. So...naturally it became mine.

By this time I had at least 20-25 Gs and yet only 3 of them were arguably the most popular model, the 6900. I really don't know what happened, or when it happened, but recently I was organizing my Gs in their cases and I realized that 6900 had somehow become a prominent part of my collection. What was for a very long time only 3 somehow turned into this...

For some odd reason, the 6900 has now become my favorite "affordable" model. Sure, I'll always want to have a case full of Frogs, but in the meantime I just can't seem to stay away from these!

With all that said...let's see yours. Has the 6900 taken over the bulk of your collection yet??
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

LUW

Re: 6900's...Love 'em or Hate 'em, Let's see 'em!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsip85 View Post
    Dude, that's almost a case of intervention!
    n_wildgirl likes this.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Tsip's story sounds somewhat familiar; I always glazed over 6900s because they were so common, even the collabs/limited editions... However, they've just managed to 'creep' into the collection - I can say the main reason for this is my missus; whilst accompanying me shopping for G's, she's been suckered in by the bright colours that 6900s often come in:

Name:  IMAG0174.jpg
Views: 1023
Size:  288.8 KB

Metallic Green DW-6900NB-3
    Sakura Pink DW-6900SN-4
    Metallic Purple GW-6900CC-6
    -will post pics up later-

However the only one that I can say I summoned into my collection is the MIBR GW-6900RD. I don't know why, but this one just stole my attention and it was outstanding amongst other 6900... maybe it was the IP smokey black buttons and clasp, or combination of the black negative on the burning red resin?

Name:  IMAG0115.jpg
Views: 1050
Size:  292.1 KB

but after I got wearing this one, along with my missus' acquisistions (even the pink one lol), I think the 6900 are growing on me...
    Last edited by Sengyoku; May 14th, 2012 at 18:45. Reason: added pic finally :)
    Tsip85 and kurzjak like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have one and love it. It's my only G-Shock and only digital watch aside from my Arnie (ana-digi) and when I put it on, I am free of any concern regarding my watch because I know the thing is darn-near indestructible.

Sorry, no picture, I'm at work right now... I'm ashamed i don't knownthe model of it but it's the white one with the negative display.

Edit: Picture!
    Last edited by Dakota2cSRT4; May 11th, 2012 at 21:52.
    Tsip85 likes this.
    If only I had more arms... and deeper pockets!

I mentioned this in another post, but I too was not attracted to the 6900 until I saw a GW-6900 on display. Three things changed my mind:
    1) solar/atomic
    2) world time
    3) improved display, not the least of which was the fact that only one of the eyes was counting seconds instead of all three (which seems like overkill to me).
    Now whether or not it will make it onto my wrist anytime soon is another story.
    All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

analogic, you're previous thread is what prompted me to start this one. The funny thing is that the G/GW6900 is the one I like the least due to it's lack or a repeating CDT.
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

1557 module FOR LIFE! My only 6900, and the first one I ever liked the look of.

kurzjak likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsip85 View Post
    analogic, you're previous thread is what prompted me to start this one. The funny thing is that the G/GW6900 is the one I like the least due to it's lack or a repeating CDT.
    Glad to be an inspiration . While we're on the subject (and since I'm too lazy to do the research), what are some major differences that stand out between the DW and GW?

BTW, I still haven't bought that one at Sears. I may check to see if it's still there.
    Last edited by analogic; May 11th, 2012 at 20:28.
    All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

Other than solar charging and atomic keeping, the differences are few. I'm not 100% certain off the top of my head, but the G/GW may offer world time while I know the DW does not. Both have a stop watch and CDT (not sure how long for each), however you can set the CDT to auto repeat on the DW but not the G/GW. I also think you can set the CDT to the second on the DW but only to the minute on the G/GW. And like most solar watches, the G/GW have an Auto EL feature where the EL comes on with the flip of the wrist, but only in low light (cool power saving feature) and the light duration can be set to either 1 second or 3. The DW light only comes on w/ the push of a button w/ a 3 second duration.
    Hook 'Em!!

Quote Originally Posted by LUW View Post
    Dude, that's almost a case of intervention!
    "Almost"? What would TOTALLY be a case of intervention???
    "Time spent with cats is never wasted." - Sigmund Freud

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information