8250 ER Frog takes the cake!!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By JonL

Thread: 8250 ER Frog takes the cake!!

8250 ER Frog takes the cake!!

Just got mine today, and I must say that is the most elegant and beautiful frog that I have. The colors are subtle and perfectly washed out. Not flashy. Not boring. The black facing and back are sleek. I think it's better looking than my blue 8200, black gwf1000, or final. I don't want to soil it, but I buy them to wear. I haven't seen photos tha truly do it justice. Just wanted to share. No pics. Lazy and sore. You all know the watch.

Mike
    Last edited by bajachild; June 2nd, 2012 at 07:03.

Re: 8250 ER Frog takes the cake!!

Congrats! It is a rare beauty - the best of the MIMC series. But dude - c'mon! You know the drill .... let me help ...

XxMACCAxX and ericng79 like this.

Love the FROG!!!!!!!!!!
    You only live once.....and some don't even do that!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

From all the pics I've seen, even JonL's, the bezel looks whiter than the actual watch. It's a darker grey, like battleship grey. Even the wife likes it, and she thinks my watch collection is stupid.

Mike

Lovely except for me, I kinda wish they'd put a more interesting display colour on it. Don't get me wrong I would have one in a flash, but the std display looks à little plain against the very colourful resin.

But probably just me.

Have they ever done a frog with a reverse display?

Sent through Tapatalk on HTCs Desire.
    The 7900's are my favourites, although the 56s are currently my focus. But nothing is excluded, except pink Risemans.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew&7 View Post
    Lovely except for me, I kinda wish they'd put a more interesting display colour on it. Don't get me wrong I would have one in a flash, but the std display looks à little plain against the very colourful resin.

But probably just me.

Have they ever done a frog with a reverse display?

The display isn't the "normal" display it has a blue tinge to it, And as far as a negative display on a frog non have been made by casio with a negative display and I highly doubt one ever will as all Frog's are ISO rated divers. ISO testing incorporates a lot of different test but one of them is readability and the negative displays although they look cool are definately harder to read.

Quote Originally Posted by XxMACCAxX View Post
    The display isn't the "normal" display it has a blue tinge to it, And as far as a negative display on a frog non have been made by casio with a negative display and I highly doubt one ever will as all Frog's are ISO rated divers. ISO testing incorporates a lot of different test but one of them is readability and the negative displays although they look cool are definately harder to read.
    Ahhhh well that sounds mucho better :) :thumbup:

Point taken about the usability of the display for diving etc but since changes in the resin both type and colour have been made surely for the sake of buyers appeal over function, I wondered if they had done the same with the display.

One model surely wouldn't get the diving community in an outrage would it? But they haven't and I agree prob won't.

The 7900's are my favourites, although the 56s are currently my focus. But nothing is excluded, except pink Risemans.

All i know is that my first frog will probably be my first ACTUAL positive display watch.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Changing the resin colour doesn't change the useablitly of the watch though. They could make one but then it wouldn't be ISO rated and they would have even more trouble justifying the high price for the frog. Having said that the Frogman collectors would most likely line up to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew&7 View Post
    Ahhhh well that sounds mucho better :) :thumbup:

Point taken about the usability of the display for diving etc but since changes in the resin both type and colour have been made surely for the sake of buyers appeal over function, I wondered if they had done the same with the display.

One model surely wouldn't get the diving community in an outrage would it? But they haven't and I agree prob won't.

all fair points

It wouldn't be a frog if it wasn't rated would it?

Best let it be.

Best I get one myself I think, that blue tinged screen sounds awesome. A garage sale might be in order.....

Thread Information