8900 White Bezel stripping
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mike K
  • 1 Post By Mike K

Thread: 8900 White Bezel stripping

8900 White Bezel stripping

The 8900 was my first G shock and unfortunately the bezel is a big let down. The edges and mainly the bottom right spot near the G is peeling/chipping. This is my only white bezel G and have not had this issue with any of the others. I want to swap out the bezel but can't seem to find a good source. Anybody know where I can find some 8900 bezel's? ( doesn't need to be white)
    Thanks

Re: 8900 White Bezel stripping

Wish I knew more about bezel suppliers. Thanks for the heads up about painted G-Shocks. Guess I won't be wearing one as a daily driver.

Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account:

Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

It's a great looking watch but for some reason the white wears very fast. I guess going in and out of pockets in jeans or something causes it, I haven't done anything in my 8900 that I haven't done in any of my other G's

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Irongolf35 View Post
    Anybody know where I can find some 8900 bezel's?
    As always, my first counter-question is "where do you live?"

Go to CASIO Worldwide, select your continent, select your country, then click on some varation of "Support," "Repair and Service," and then "Buy Parts."

If you live in the US, you can skip directly to:

United States -- official parts suppliers mentioned on Casio's "Buy Parts" page:

PacParts, Inc.
    15024 Staff Court, Gardena, CA 90248
    1-800-421-5080
    Consumer Electronic Parts and Accessories at PacParts, Inc.

(A LOT of WUS members purchase from and and have recommended PacParts over the years -- their website and "Search by Model Number" feature is a GREAT illustrated database of Casio parts that even cross-references which other models a particular part will fit! Their website is a great place to start even if you're just trying to learn about your watch and find out what part you need or what it's called.)

American Perfit
    1100 River Street, Ridgefield, NJ 07657
    1-800-345-0537
    Blank Title - Home

Lastly, Casio's Parts Department once again has their number listed on that page, after selling directly to customers for some time and then suddenly announcing in the spring of 2013 that they would no longer do so. That announcement is no longer on that page as of this writing in December 2013, so perhaps they've changed their policy again.

United States -- other suppliers:

Casio Watches, Watch Bands, G-Shock, Pathfinder, Baby-G, Torgoen Watches (formerly known as TimeUp Watches)

If you're in the UK, Casio Watches - Tiktox is a popular source here -- if the part you need isn't listed, the owner can still often get it for you.
    yankeexpress likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Irongolf35 View Post
    It's a great looking watch but for some reason the white wears very fast. I guess going in and out of pockets in jeans or something causes it, I haven't done anything in my 8900 that I haven't done in any of my other G's
    It looks and sounds like your 8900 bezel might have the same sort of "coating" or finish that I ran across in this thread: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/sto...ed-765094.html

The first extreme close-ups I took are awful, but there's better ones further down in the thread.
    yankeexpress likes this.

Now I'm wondering how this Bluetooth GB-X6900 is going to hold up. Thinkin' that it is painted too. Won't stop me from wearing it though.

Last edited by yankeexpress; December 20th, 2013 at 06:48.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account:

Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

Thread Information