9052 mod help?

Thread: 9052 mod help?

9052 mod help?

wondering how to remove the silver pins in the bezel to paint them black

also wondering about the grey parts that go around the band by the case. if i remove them do the screws inside do anything other than hold those pieces on? if not i would rather fill them in than replace with the shorter screws

also wondering about replacing the back with a g shock band with the double tang clap that is black, any suggestions?

i like the look of the 8500 mudman bands and also have seen some frogman bands i like the looks of.

any advice on where to buy an 8400 mudman band or another double tang with preferably black clasp? open to other suggestions as well.

thanks everyone!

Re: 9052 mod help?

If you remove tghe bezel, you can push the silver pins out from the back. Paint will not hold up well, it is betetr to look for another 8used?) 90** series G with the black pins to simply exchange them. the grey elements can be removed when removing the screws you mention. those screws (or, without the grey elements, shorter ones) are needed, as they hold the bezel in place.

I do not know of a double tank strap with a black clasp that will fit, maybe some other user can chime in on this one.

anyone know where i can buy the smaller screws and black bezel pins?

thank you for your response lowtech

bump for more input

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If you wanna leave the grey bars away, you should think about using a band which has the ends formed to a curve (like the 5600/6900 bands) ratehr than keeping the stock flat strap as the twill make teh watch more comfortable.

If you buy a strap from a 6900 ms you even get a black buckle, but no double tang.

I found the black pins on some odd 9+++ series G´s i bought over time. I have none to spare at the moment (am lookin for some myself) but try to get an idea about the models here:

Casio G-Shock DW-9xxx Watch Archive photos, videos and specifications

you should be able to use bezel screws from nearly any watch thet doesn´t uses the bars or winglets on the strap, 5600 and 6900 being the most common ones i guess.

cool. i just got my 8400 mudman in the mail today and am really liking the band. can't fine any first gen mudman bands online for sale to save my life, would really like to help if anyone has advice on where to find on or another double tang clasp band preferably black buckle.

lowtech, any idea what sort of paint the casio factory uses on their pins? i highly double they go to the trouble of powder coating the pins.

anyone know if it is possible to order those shorter screws new to delete the gray strap bits?

The Pins are not painted. The silver ones are metal, the grey and black ones are coloured plastic.
    You should be able to get the screws from casio sales and service - or just ask at a local watchmakers.

Thread Information