About to buy 2 mudmen...

Thread: About to buy 2 mudmen...

About to buy 2 mudmen...

Despite rumblings of quality control issues with buttons etc I just really want a black and a tan mudman so I am doing it!

The only other I am after (if it even exists) is a black 5500 with red buttons AND multiband 5/6... any thoughts?

Re: About to buy 2 mudmen...

You can't go wrong with the Mudman. Lots of flavors of them, and it's tough to beat the the G-9000 for value.

Just to clarify though (since there's so many). Are these the models you meant?

Those are both great.

And the second part:

There's the DW-5500C-1 from 1985, but it's super rare:

The G-5500-1 came out in 2006 with a similar look and Tough Solar, but no atomic.

There's a few GW-55xx models with atomic, but they all have black buttons.

There's one with pink though:

Mudmans are the best and the they only beg for one thing : being beaten till they're mashed potatoes. I made up my mind to destroy my Orange MX8 with my MTB rides,the heck with the collecting thing....

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

coombsfh, On the DW-5500C-1 I'm with you I like that model alot. I even like the remake from 06. Anyway if I remember correctly about a month or month and a half ago a guy here in the forum was selling a DW-5500C-1. I can't remember the price but I almost bought it. Maybe if you look back you can find the add he posted. Just a heads up Always looking to help out another forum member
    Mechagodzilla find me a G-Shock in Tokyo!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    You can't go wrong with the Mudman. Lots of flavors of them, and it's tough to beat the the G-9000 for value.

Just to clarify though (since there's so many). Are these the models you meant?

Those are both great.

And the second part:

There's the DW-5500C-1 from 1985, but it's super rare:

The G-5500-1 came out in 2006 with a similar look and Tough Solar, but no atomic.

There's a few GW-55xx models with atomic, but they all have black buttons.

There's one with pink though:

Thanks for such an informative reply Riley. I will keep a close look out for a 5600-1 but am pulling the trigger on the mudmen you depicted.

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by gettocard View Post
    Mudmans are the best and the they only beg for one thing : being beaten till they're mashed potatoes. I made up my mind to destroy my Orange MX8 with my MTB rides,the heck with the collecting thing....
    I like your spirit!!!!

BOOM

Just pulled the trigger. $125 USD for both with delivery included from Hong Kong. Will keep you posted on how the transaction goes.

I just got a MudMan MX-2 (Blue One) last Friday and was pleasantly surprised. It has the double-barrel strap with 2-prong clasp. The two prongs are actually one-piece and it makes the band significantly easier and quicker to do up.

The watch is only like 54grams and will stay put on the top of your wrist. The little keeper loop on the band stays in place as well. Long story short, this watch is very comfortable and fuss/irratation free, so you'll be snagging it onto your wrist more often than you might expect.

i have yet to own a mudman, I almost bought one (black/red tough solar) long ago but opted to buy the riseman instead. Congratulations on the purchase!

Thread Information