About GW-9300

Thread: About GW-9300

About GW-9300

So I have a question. I would like to have one of 9300, because it have things I need most, compass, temp and moon info. And it need to be hard to destroy, so G is clear solution.
    But I would like to have also atomic time keeping. Is it only avilable in japanies version? Or can I have something else...
    Thanks for any info

Re: About GW-9300

The GW-9300 is only available in Japan - so if you're not in Japan - an expensive import is the only way.

You could go for a PAW/PRW-2500 or PAW/PRW-1500 - they also have temp, compass, moon and also barometer function and should be available worldwide - except for those parts of the world that have no atomic reception and therefore Casio refuses to officially sell atomic watches there - for an overview of those non-atomic models go to casio-intl.com.

cheers, Sedi
    Last edited by Sedi; May 20th, 2012 at 23:14.
    Cheers
    Sedi

yup, the GW-9300 is the only G-Shock that currently equipped with the features you mentioned. Unless you are willing to consider a less tough, but feature rich Pro-Trek with a triple sensor setup which is atomic/solar as well.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thats what I was affraid, only Japan. So price will be higher also...
    Sedi, I have PRW 1500, and this is a great watch, but there is something about G that I like. To buy PRW I have to sell my Riseman, still missing it

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    The GW-9300 is only available in Japan - so if you're not in Japan - an expensive import is the only way.
    I don't know if you know this Sedi, but the GW-9300 and many other atomic models that have been referred to as 'Japan domestic market' are also available in China (and most likely some other parts, like HK) as it's the flagship for multiband 6; I got my Smokey Gray atomic in Xi'an, I've also seen it Beijing and Shanghai... but I suppose that doesn't really make a difference in this case though :) - prices are on a par with domestic prices in Japan I'd say... my GW-9300GY had a pricetag of around 3000RMB equating to over 300 euro
    Last edited by Sengyoku; May 21st, 2012 at 00:02. Reason: punctuation :)

Quote Originally Posted by Sengyoku View Post
    I don't know if you know this Sedi, but the GW-9300 and many other atomic models that have been referred to as 'Japan domestic market' are also available in China (and most likely some other parts, like HK) as it's the flagship for multiband 6; I got my Smokey Gray atomic in Xi'an, I've also seen it Beijing and Shanghai... but I suppose that doesn't really make a difference in this case though :) - prices are on a par with domestic prices in Japan I'd say... my GW-9300GY had a pricetag of around 3000RMB equating to over 300 euro
    Pretty cool! There also was a thread about someone getting a GW-9300 from Casio UK - but he didn't buy it - he got it in exchange for another watch that couldn't be repaired or was damaged during repair - can't remember exactly.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

exchanged atomic mudman? that's a pretty sweet deal...

On the topic of China's G Shock market...if you're interested, here's some of the new releases in the Chinese market: (top left drop down can scroll through the release months)
    http://www.g-shock.com.cn/products/n...=1&per_page=10

I noticed in May's releases in China the Rastafarian range is in there, the new GLX-150s and orange and green 4000 series aviators, April interestingly has the GW-6900 (re-release?) in there and also a blue atomic King! but I see the Men in Military Colours range hasn't made an appearance... I think I may start a new thread about my experiences with the G shock market in China, I'm off to Beijing in 2 weeks, it will be interesting to see what turns up!

I remember my last visit saw many Men in Matt Black series atomic Risemans and Gulfmans there but both retailing over 2000RMB = over 200euros :/

Oh, sorry Kabar for hijacking your thread! I just meant to point out you might find that Mudman you want in China :)
    Last edited by Sengyoku; May 21st, 2012 at 01:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    Pretty cool! There also was a thread about someone getting a GW-9300 from Casio UK - but he didn't buy it - he got it in exchange for another watch that couldn't be repaired or was damaged during repair - can't remember exactly.
    Jonathan, at the G-Shock East store in London, apparently persuaded Casio to send him some GW-9300-1JF stock: that was in the new year, and they sold out fast! The marked price was GBP250.
    Last edited by rogerlike; May 21st, 2012 at 02:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengyoku View Post
    I think I may start a new thread about my experiences with the G shock market in China, I'm off to Beijing in 2 weeks, it will be interesting to see what turns up!
    Please do that! It will certainly be interesting.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Thread Information