Adjusting the accuracy on a DW-5600?

Thread: Adjusting the accuracy on a DW-5600?

Question Adjusting the accuracy on a DW-5600?

I read with great interest the posting in the "How to ..." section about regulating a G & have been successful with a recent DW-6100 that I was lucky enough to find at a fire sale price. I have been trying to get the same results with a DW-5600 spare module that I have, but no luck with any adjustments. It seems no matter which way I turn the screw, it does nothing, leading me to believe that either 1: the early models are not adjustable or 2: I'm not on the right component to make adjustments. Any body out there have any experience with DW-5600's? TIA!
    Picture shows the inside of the module; I've been adjusting the brass screw in the lower left hand side ~6:30 position.

Last edited by Snowback; November 20th, 2007 at 15:00. Reason: Added picture

Re: Adjusting the accuracy on a DW-5600?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you're adjusting the correct screw. On a different model I adjusted, turning the screw right speeded it up, but apparently this isn't always the case. It doesn't seem to make huge differences, so don't expect a quarter turn to make it a great deal faster or slower. I would check it over at least 2 weeks so you know exactly how much out it is, then adjust the screw and check it over a further 2 weeks (remembering which way you turned it).

This is novice advice, pending expert intervention.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Thread Information