Advice on g shock bezel change

Thread: Advice on g shock bezel change

Advice on g shock bezel change

Hi,

My DW-6600 needs a new bezel, but all the replacement bezels online for the 6600 do not have the side buttons and light button on them. Why is this? and how would I take the light button and side buttons off my 6600 bezel and put them on the new bezel?
    What is the best way for me to change the bezel on the 6600 and what should I do about the light button and side button thing?

help

Re: Advice on g shock bezel change

Quote Originally Posted by s-723 View Post
    Hi,

My DW-6600 needs a new bezel, but all the replacement bezels online for the 6600 do not have the side buttons and light button on them. Why is this? and how would I take the light button and side buttons off my 6600 bezel and put them on the new bezel?
    What is the best way for me to change the bezel on the 6600 and what should I do about the light button and side button thing?

help
    I believe the light button and side pushers are part of the watch, not the bezel. That is why you don't see them included with the new bezel.

Mike

Mike is correct. The buttons are part of the module, and the bezel fits over the module. If you search YouTube, you can find vids of people demonstrating how to change a bezel -- it's fairly simple and straightforward.
    D

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

On my 6600 the side silver buttons and light buttons are attached to the bezel and I can take the module out, but the buttons are attached to the bezel via little pushers and clips? The buttons are not attached to the module so how can I change the bezel?

A you sure it really is a DW-6600? A picture or two might help to clarify the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by s-723 View Post
    On my 6600 the side silver buttons and light buttons are attached to the bezel and I can take the module out, but the buttons are attached to the bezel via little pushers and clips? The buttons are not attached to the module so how can I change the bezel?
    I think I see the problem, the module is inside the case which is inside the bezel. Don't remove the backplate, you just won't need to. The 4 screws at the lugs come off, then the bezel you pull off. You'll find the buttons and the EL button are part of the case. The bezel is just the outter flexible part. The new bezel slips over the buttons, then the 4 screws go back in.

Kev

Thanks a lot Kev!!! I was unscrewing the back plate and taking out the module then wondering how to change the bezel. When all I needed to do was unscrew the four screws where the strap connects to the watch and ease the bezel off which left the buttons still connected to the watch.
    Thanks a million Kev!!!!

Thread Information