advice for gshock virgin !
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: advice for gshock virgin !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

advice for gshock virgin !

hi -at present i dont possess a g shock - i have a number of nice watches -a catholic collection from contempory omega -rolex and vintage lcd and vintage military issue -wear them all on equal basis - thought i would never be attracted to own a shock but just lately have been drawn to acquiring one as a absolute everyday bombproof piece of kit - can only compare it to my cars -have an old but nice bmw which is my baby keep it nice and i have an older shogun jeep that stands me at nothing that i take my dogs in fishing and hunting -dont care if take it to the supermarket and someone runs their trolley along the side of it !
    anyway you get the picture -have been drawn to the casio frogman -{i do have a casio promaster which i find a super watch even if you dont swim..the frogman to have great presence and great pr and i was hoping that maybe you guys that know about these would think it a good choice in gshock -dont mean to offend guys who love them as art pieces which im sure they could be -just for me though i just want one that i would use and enjoy to wear on a regular basis

Yes, the frog is a good watch. Sounds like it would hold up for you very well. Have you picked one out yet?
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Re: advice for gshock virgin !

The Frog sure is a nice, rugged watch. Maybve you want to look into the other iconic G´s , too like teh 5600 and 6900 series. And after you have purchaesd one, just take the watch and run. Best not to visit this forum too often, many who just wanted advise on buying their "one" G-Shock show up quite regularly to show their latest G.

Anyways, have fun with whatever watch you choose and welcome to the forum1

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi and welcome to the madness!
    Honestly I think a Frog is too big and heavy for comfy everyday wear. Especially since the current Frogs are no longer made from titanium. Others might disagree though. The older DW-9900 is smaller and quite comfy, but there's no more spare parts made for it. For me a Frog is too expensive to wear as a beater but of course it depends on the disposable income . For "wear and forget" I prefer something in the price range below 100 bucks ($ or €).

Cheers, Sedi
    shameless and 1onehandwill like this.

im sorry if i have given you a bad impression -it was a genuine question -and yes i do want to find a nice gshock -it will be my only one because my taste is elsewhere in watches so i thought i would ask those that know -perfectly valid reason to come onto this forum and im sure you would be welcome to ask a similar question from any other forum- i thought that is what this is all about sharing of information
    thankyou for your welcome anyways -

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    Honestly I think a Frog is too big and heavy for comfy everyday wear. Especially since the current Frogs are no longer made from titanium. Others might disagree though. The older DW-9900 is smaller and quite comfy, but there's no more spare parts made for it.
    Personally I love the 9900. I've bought a few frogs in the past, but the 9900 is the only one I've held on to. It's not as bulky nor as heavy as other models, and it was made back in the day when Casio used titanium, so I'm heavily inclined to point you in the direction of 9900. Hope that helps you to make your decision shameless.
    shameless likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    im sorry if i have given you a bad impression -it was a genuine question -and yes i do want to find a nice gshock -it will be my only one because my taste is elsewhere in watches so i thought i would ask those that know -perfectly valid reason to come onto this forum and im sure you would be welcome to ask a similar question from any other forum- i thought that is what this is all about sharing of information
    thankyou for your welcome anyways -
    I´m sorry if my posting was not clear. I wanted to make a joke on how many of the visitors who intended to buy just one G-Shock were drawn into a ever-growing collection of G-shock watches and though hinted to "take your money and run".
    I did not want to come across unfriendly. In fact, i am happy to meet new people here on teh board, as they tend to be avery nice and friendly lot.
    So please, accept my apologies if i insulted you, and again, accept my welcome.

It all depends what you prefer for features. Moon phase & tide graph? Mud resist? Titanium? Altimeter? Compass?
    Screwback? Square? Black or colour? Big or humongus? Current or vintage? Battery or solar? Atomic or Bluetooth?
    Regular backlight or LED? Bracelet, resin or carbon fiber insert? Analog, digital or both? Regular display, or negative?
    And I'm not even going into details on functions. As you can see there are literary hundreds of variants not including
    JDM limited editions, but I'm gonna take a wild shot and say GW6900, which may be a good choice as your first.
    Last edited by ggyy1276; June 23rd, 2012 at 18:07.
    shameless and 1onehandwill like this.

thanks for that my friend hope and if i misunderstood i am truly sorry hope i didnt come aross as too sensitive ! im sure you may be right about getting the bug somewhat for these extraordinary pieces -finding out thru doing some background how special they can be -as i said i have except for maybe three modern classic watches always been into vintage -and perhaps been guilty of not giving digital a chance - my ignorance -perhaps when i make my choice i can come back and post it with details of price paid etc for your opinion - just dont shout at me for posting my one only new gshock !!! cheers buddy

let you know3 when i do chris and thankyou for your positive reply -much appreciated as a visitor to this 'new world'

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information