Advice On Installing New Strap

Thread: Advice On Installing New Strap

Advice On Installing New Strap

Hey guys,
    I just bought this new strap. I was wondering if this will fit my GW-6900. Here is the information for it. It was originally designed for the DW5600B.

Name:  phpThumb_generated_thumbnail.jpeg
Views: 737
Size:  13.1 KB

Single piece 27mm width, Casio DW-5600 watch pad in black textured cloth finish, with soft orange cloth underside. Fixed pin sleeves, 30mm apart, suitable for any DW-5600. Wide stainless steel buckle and re-inforced eylets. Our price includes UK delivery.

Also, will I need the spring bar tool for this. Or can I just improvise and use something else?

Any help is appreciated.

Re: Advice On Installing New Strap

Quote Originally Posted by spacemanspliff View Post
    Hey guys,
    I just bought this new strap. I was wondering if this will fit my GW-6900. Here is the information for it. It was originally designed for the DW5600B.

Single piece 27mm width, Casio DW-5600 watch pad in black textured cloth finish, with soft orange cloth underside. Fixed pin sleeves, 30mm apart, suitable for any DW-5600. Wide stainless steel buckle and re-inforced eylets. Our price includes UK delivery.

Also, will I need the spring bar tool for this. Or can I just improvise and use something else?

Any help is appreciated.
    Yep, should be fine on a 6900. You would need 16mm spring bars. You can try something else but spring bars are best. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by watch_tech View Post
    Yep, should be fine on a 6900. You would need 16mm spring bars. You can try something else but spring bars are best. Enjoy!
    Wait so the spring bars in my 6900 right now won't fit with this strap??

Also, what I meant was if I need a spring bar tool to remove the current strap, or If I could use something else?

THanks!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by spacemanspliff View Post
    Hey guys,

Any help is appreciated.
    Where did you buy that strap and what is it?

I like to change bezels & bands on my G-shock so I have my personnal limited editions for not-so-expensive prices but sometimes I got surprised by some watches that look similar but have different specs.
    As an example, DW-6900 & GW-6900 bezels are not swappable.
    Regarding one piece straps, there are two points to consider :
    Lug width and fitting : most "common" G-shock have 16mm lug width but some accept springbars and other require screws instead (it's obvious from the pictures !). Springbars diameter should be considered because the strap can be a little bit "loose" if the diameter is too small...
    Lug to lug distance : for two pieces bands or bracelets it doesn't matter but for one piece strap it can be surprising, herebelow some quick measurements with a ruler (+/- 1mm) :
    G-5600A : 40mm
    GWX-5600B : 42mm
    GW-6900BC : 46mm
    DW-6900MS : 46mm
    I have a nice (and expensive !) one piece leather band that I have ordered for my GWX-5600B but this band was designed for a DW-5600 and cannot be fitted because the lug to lug distance on this band is only 36mm (the seller warned me but I wanted this band !), it can be streched a little bit but not so much. So now I'm looking for an another (white) watch that will fit (don't want a DW-5600, I prefer solar).
    I hope it helps !

BTW, what is the lug to lug length on this black/orange strap ?

Regardless of the strap width, it should still take 16mm spring bars. Whether you can actually get it on the 6900 is another story, but it should be ok.
    Wear what you like.

Quote Originally Posted by krhainos View Post
    Where did you buy that strap and what is it?
    You can buy one here Casio Watches at Discount Prices | Casio Watches , Casio Watch Straps | Casio G-Shock Watches | Casio Pathfinder Watches |Casio Wave Ceptor Watches|Casio Watch Straps, but I bought it from somebody for only $20!

Here are some pictures of it from Sjors website, the link is here
    50 Gs

Name:  TimezoneR_09.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  35.2 KB

Name:  TimezoneR_15.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  54.3 KB
    Name:  TimezoneR_41.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  57.1 KB
    Name:  TimezoneR_28.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  61.9 KB

Please update this thread if you could or could not install the strap, because I want to purchase one too, but only if it fits the 6900. Requesting pics also! :)

The spring bars will fit but it's the lug-to-lug size of the GW-6900 you need to know. I think that a DW-5600 is smaller from lug to lug than a GW-6900 - the two end pieces look like they are fixed to the strap - so if the GW-6900 really is longer than the DW-5600 I guess it won't fit properly.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    The spring bars will fit
    Greetings, Sedi
    I expierienced some problems with cloth and leather straps from CASIO:
    The resin straps use more thick spring bars.
    In the leather straps there are small "rolls" or "pipes" inside the lug slings. These permitte the use of the resin type spring bars.
    But the usual after market 16mm spring bars will fit.

Thread Information