Advice for my snow camouflage G-shock

Thread: Advice for my snow camouflage G-shock

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Advice for my snow camouflage G-shock

Addict Frogman GW-200 G-Shock watch in snow camouflage

Guys,

I just purchased this camo g-shock off ebay from a seller for abt 195 pounds. Can someone advice me on whether I've made a good deal outta this? Condition wise, the watch is a little dirty. Other than that, it's good! How am i to maintain the watch and will the camo fade?

P.S. can all owners who own the camo post some of their pics?

Wink Re: Advice for my snow camouflage G-shock

Hi Apache,

You actually got the Addict Frog!!! That's the limited original edition of the Brazilian Frogman, which itself also is a limited edition! I think you have got a good score, since the Brazillian goes from owner to owner for $350,- or more, even in Japan!!!!! The high price is the reason I haven't got one. The only difference with the Brazilian is the watchband retainer with the Addict text on it. I believe it was a ltd.ed. of 400 pieces.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: Advice for my snow camouflage G-shock

Quote Originally Posted by Apache
    How am i to maintain the watch and will the camo fade?
    I think it's likely that the following will apply to your watch (this refers to a different model):

The marbled patterns of these models are molded using a special process that makes it possible to blend two different urethane materials. This means that each watch has its own distinctive pattern and that no two exactly alike.

In other words, the pattern is 'all the way through'. Someone will be along to say whether this is correct.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125
    In other words, the pattern is 'all the way through'. Someone will be along to say whether this is correct.
    I agree with Tribe, but unfortunately, the pattern will scratch off it would seem fairly easily as mine shows.

I like this watch immensely, and due to the easy scratchy painty off bizo, I was so concerened, that I have put away three spare bands and bezels for myself.

Stupid, well maybe, but they are hard to find so best to get it or them while you can

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE
    I agree with Tribe, but unfortunately, the pattern will scratch off it would seem fairly easily as mine shows.
    Hang on, I'm confused now...

If it's 'all the way through', it can't rub off, can it?

The words I quoted relate to the current 'camo' 6900s - do they differ in this respect from the 'camo' froggies?
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125
    Hang on, I'm confused now...

If it's 'all the way through', it can't rub off, can it?

The words I quoted relate to the current 'camo' 6900s - do they differ in this respect from the 'camo' froggies?
    Hi Tribe -

I'm hanging on:-D

Actually, I have no idea about the patterned DW-6900 models as I don't have one.

I do have a BRAZILIAN and the print is not all the way through. The inside of the band is white.

My pattern has scratched off in many places

I wish the colour was all the way through

Hi Tribe.. two different watches.. with two different type of bands and camo.
    The Jammin 6900;s are as you state.. using a type of molding process when the band and bezel are actually being created, resulting in the swirl pattern and the "all the way through".. look.
    The camo on the Brazilian and Addict are simply imprinted on top of the band and bezel...
    As with time.. this imprint will wear off, and show the white band underneath.

I think the manufacturing method used in Addict Frogman is different from the method used in DW-6900 camo. The DW-6900 uses a new injection moulding technique which incorporated 2 different coloured resins whereas Addict Froggie pattern was printed on.

In short,DW6900 shouldn't have any problems as encountered in Addict Frogman.

Cheers,
    MountainMike

Quote Originally Posted by Devori
    The camo on the Brazilian and Addict are simply imprinted on top of the band and bezel... As with time.. this imprint will wear off, and show the white band underneath.
    And these are legendary watches, with prices to match? Famously tough watches that you can't really wear? Jeeeezus... I had no idea.

The Jammin' 6900 uses a method commonly employed in the toy industry, in order to save money. The plastic parts of toys are normally injection molded. When the run of parts is done, the machinery must be cleared of the color of plastic that was used, in order to start the next run of a different color. The machinery is cleared by running the new color through the machinery until the old color is forced out. During this process, the two colors intermingle until all of the old color is gone.

In the case of the Jammin' 6900, the machinery is not being cleared of the old color plastic, before the new color run is started. So you get this swirly effect until the new color has completely forced the old color out of the machinery.

The yo-yo industry used to clear out the molds every time they started a new color run of plastic yo-yos, and destroyed the swirly ones from the machinery clearing. That is.... until they learned how much people liked the swirly colored yo-yos. Then they started taking what used to be factory rejects, raised the price, and started calling them limited editions. Same thing here with Casio. They look cool and are very desirable. But to Casio, they are factory rejects that they are making a ton of money on.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information