Advice Needed :) Balancing between GW-4000-1A3ER and PRG-550-1A9ER

Thread: Advice Needed :) Balancing between GW-4000-1A3ER and PRG-550-1A9ER

Advice Needed :) Balancing between GW-4000-1A3ER and PRG-550-1A9ER

Hello everyone ,
    just registered here for the reason i have already read tons of helpful posts
    I've been trying to decide about 3 days now which 1 of those two watches to get me for christmas present
    I find the g-shock 4000 amazing by the terms of looks and toughness but on the other hand,the protrek has all the features i wanted,like countdown timer,both analogue and digital display,thermometer etc etc.
    Despite the fact i've seen enough posts about both,im just wondering if its worth sacrificing the quality of the specific g shock in order to have those features.Will protrek for example survive after a random hit?like on the wall cause im a bit clumsy lol,or in summer i spend enough hours per day below the water,diving etc. not like over 50m but in general im quite active,working out,climbing...
    I am sry if my post is a bit long,i just have to decide cause i already ordered the 4000 and have to pick it up in 5-6 hours or tell them to bring me the rpg-550.The price in my country btw of both is almost the same.
    Would appreciate any feedback
    Thank you in advance
    Last edited by sleeplessj; December 22nd, 2012 at 05:15.

Re: Advice Needed :) Balancing between GW-4000-1A3ER and PRG-550-1A9ER

Anyone?im trying to buy some time here :)

If you NEED thermometer/altimeter/barometer casio watches aren't known for precision while on the wrist. Ok, that's one big point.
    Second: stopwatch or countdown timer. In my opinion (and i'm a noted fan of the 4000's) this is a weakness of the GW4000. You just need to know how important it really is to you. I love the 4000's and can't promote them enough. All casio's have plusses and minuses.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you for the reply :) The thing is that i was looking for a g-shock having both analogue and digital interface and unfortunately the gw-3500 arent available atm in my country,also they had exactly the toughness and cdt i was looking for, but on the other hand i fell in love with the 4000.I dont know if the protrek is tough enough under normal conditions and how much im gonna use the features.In my eyes the protrek seems like value for money,does the same stand for the 4000?i mean it has amazing design,its solid but is it worth it for only some minor features?im just asking cause im not an owner of any g shock yet
    Last edited by sleeplessj; December 22nd, 2012 at 05:47.

It introduced the "Triple G Resist" which is impressive for a durable analogue. Along with "Tough Movement". You can read more about those features on the GW-A1000 for some odd reason, but they started on the 4000. Physically, those are pretty major features, though nothing you can "see". I bang my watches around quite a bit, and it is nice to not worry. in the end it is up to you. Get one now, and the other by summer .
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Tnx again for the reply chrisek,i just saw the dw 4000 and its looks amazing :) just thinking of the extra cdt that its lacks and some tricks i might want to mess around... :/ anyone can verify and tell me the toughness and the built of prg-550?i would appreciate an opinion.thanks in advance :)

Anyone? :(
    Last edited by sleeplessj; December 23rd, 2012 at 20:07.

Thread Information