Advice needed for a beginner...

Thread: Advice needed for a beginner...

Advice needed for a beginner...

Hi all,

I have been researching the limited edition BAPE G-Shocks and, thanks to your website, I have discovered that almost all the watches circulating are fake. My question is as follows...

I originally wished to buy one of these watches for purely aesthetic reasons. I think they look very cool and wanted one as a fashion accessory as much as anything else. Were I to buy a fake one, besides the small differences in design and workmanship, would it be a complete waste of money? Would it tell the time? Or would it fall apart immediately?

Any advice from people who have mistakenly bought fake ones, I believe there are some members of this board who have done so, would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all

Sam x

Re: Advice needed for a beginner...

I have just realised this is posted in the wrong forum... I apologise! x

Somebody bought one recently and found it had no water resistance. Which makes it a complete waste of money, I think.

And many people would say we shouldn't support the work of criminals...
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

From what I've heard, there's a good chance it would fall apart or die at the sight of moisture. I also wouldn't buy one as it helps the criminals who sell them. Is it just the Bape logo you're after, because there are some nice and affordable colored G-Shocks that are the same models as the Bapes. There are also many very fashionable non Bape G's.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

I just want a nice white G-Shock really... and water resistance is pretty essential! Any recommendations? Don't really want to spend over £75. Thanks for the tips! x

Quote Originally Posted by sheppast View Post
    I just want a nice white G-Shock really... and water resistance is pretty essential! Any recommendations? Don't really want to spend over £75. Thanks for the tips! x
    I've just ordered one of these 'milk' Mudman. I got mine for under £30 from Singapore. https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...08716#poststop
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

I know I have probably said this probably a milion times (especially to people looking to buy bapes), but check for the 6900fs-8. To me it looks much better at a fraction of the cost.

there are two 'white' 6900's this one is pure white, the FS8 is said to be a light blue/grey white.. it cost me 85$ (£43) plus shipping.

Thread Information