Advice to an old man

Thread: Advice to an old man

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advice to an old man

Hello all,

Getting older, I have more and more issues seeing small text. Right now the regular Mudman day/date is still ok, so I wonder if I could get some input on a few other models I am interested in (hard to find in the store to see in person). So, how does the text/number size stack up against the Mudman (G-9000):

- Riseman

- Rally Mudman

- Atomic Gulfman

Any input is welcome.

Best Regards / Peter Stolt

Re: Advice to an old man

Hi,
    I have a shot of a Riseman next to a G-9000 and DW-6600 - it's not really good however 'cause I used a flash:

But I think you can see that the digits on the Riseman are a bit smaller than on the G-9000. The Rally Mudman has bigger digits:

One of the best is the G-8000 by the way - really big digits:

Better to take the version with normal display however.
    Here one more pic of Rally Mudman next to G-8000:

However the biggest digits in my collection has the G-3010 - it's no longer in production but can still be found on ebay - the G-3011 (which is still on the Casio US homepage should have even bigger digits):

You can change the color of the digits on the G-3010 and it has a very good module with nice features and a loud alarm (at least compared to the standard G-Shock).
    Here's a link to the G-3011 (has the same case and features as the G-3010 but even bigger digits):
    http://www.casio.com/products/Timepi...ock/G3011F-1V/

ebay has one for a good price:
    http://cgi.ebay.de/CASIOG-SHOCK-BLUE-DIGITAL-DATAMEMO-200M-WR-G3011-2-BLUE_W0QQitemZ190358518886QQcmdZViewItemQQptZWrist watches?hash=item2c52407c66

Greetings, Sedi
    Last edited by Sedi; December 16th, 2009 at 23:04.
    Cheers
    Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    Hi,
    I have a shot of a Riseman next to a G-9000 and DW-6600 - it's not really good however 'cause I used a flash:

But I think you can see that the digits on the Riseman are a bit smaller than on the G-9000. The Rally Mudman has bigger digits:

One of the best is the G-8000 by the way - really big digits:

Better to take the version with normal display however.
    Here one more pic of Rally Mudman next to G-8000:

However the biggest digits in my collection has the G-3010 - it's no longer in production but can still be found on ebay - the G-3011 (which is still on the Casio US homepage should have even bigger digits):

You can change the color of the digits on the G-3010 and it has a very good module with nice features and a loud alarm (at least compared to the standard G-Shock).
    Here's a link to the G-3011 (has the same case and features as the G-3010 but even bigger digits):
    http://www.casio.com/products/Timepi...ock/G3011F-1V/

ebay has one for a good price:
    http://cgi.ebay.de/CASIOG-SHOCK-BLUE-DIGITAL-DATAMEMO-200M-WR-G3011-2-BLUE_W0QQitemZ190358518886QQcmdZViewItemQQptZWrist watches?hash=item2c52407c66

Greetings, Sedi
    what mudman model is that never seen it before??

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I own a Rally mudman and I just saw the older "5eyed" atomic mudman in person at Sears, and while the old 5 eye doesn't have the impressive 24hr CDT or rally timer as the rally version, the font size on the display is much larger. The only caveat with the 5 eye Atomic mudman is that it doesn't display the day and date at the same time...you have to toggle between the two. But the large font on the time is one of the reasons I'm actually thinking about picking that one up.

The Riseman is a great all around feature rich Gshock. It has a clear display, but the face itself is a bit complicated as it divides the display into 3 sections. I love it, but I would say it isn't as "uncluttered" to look at as the other gshocks on your list.

As for the Atomic Gulfman....without having my watches in front of me right now, I think the Atomic Gulfman has larger font than the ralley mudman. It does have a very clear display. The only caveat on that watch too is that it too doesn't display the day and date at the same time...you have to toggle between the two.

You also may want to think about the MTG910. It's an all metal digital gshock and that one has a GREAT display. I have that one as well and the font is much larger on that model than the ones found on the atomic gulfman, ralley mudman, and riseman. I have all of them. And the the best thing about the MTG 910 is that it displays the time, day and date all at once. The only drawback on this watch is that it trades a countdown timer for a time memo stamp feature which I haven't found any real use for.

You may also consider the classic non-atomic DW5600 or Atomic GWM5600. That is probably thee most straight forward Gshock there is with the most easy to read and legible display. I have a GWM5600 and its very very easy to read.

Hope this helps and happy watch hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by ZASKAR36 View Post
    You also may want to think about the MTG910. It's an all metal digital gshock and that one has a GREAT display. I have that one as well and the font is much larger on that model than the ones found on the atomic gulfman, ralley mudman, and riseman. I have all of them. And the the best thing about the MTG 910 is that it displays the time, day and date all at once. The only drawback on this watch is that it trades a countdown timer for a time memo stamp feature which I haven't found any real use for.
    I was going to suggest the MTG-910 (or MTG-900 if you like a silver finish) as well. It's by far the easiest to read of my watches, as well as being the most comfortable to wear. Not having a CDT is a bummer, but I like the fact that the local time is visible in the other modes...very handy. And, it looks great!

Last edited by nuovorecord; December 17th, 2009 at 01:50. Reason: Added pic.
    Hotel Clerk: Do you have seventeen dollars and a good watch?
    Del: No I don't. I have uh... two dollars... and a Casio.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    BREITLING: Navitimer Cosmonaute D22322 | CASIO: MTG-910DA, MTG-1200B, GW-200-2JF, GW-5000, GW-M5610, GW-9400 | IWC: Mark XVI 3255-01 | OMEGA: Seamaster Professional 2220.5000, Speedmaster Professional 311.30.42.30.01.005 | TAG HEUER: Formula 1 Chronograph CAU1111 | ZENITH: El Primero 1969 Chronomaster 03.2040.400

Rally Mudman (9010) is great for legibility - very crisp, very well laid out display.

I will also endorse the MTG-910 - very large & legible digits - not so good on functions (no countdown timer)

The atomic Gulfman has the largest digits and the clearest dsiplay (ie to read) than any other G I've seen.

If you can find one, the DW56RT has big digits for the date.

I picked up a couple of non-G's to serve as occasional beaters:

The Timex Ironman Triathlon Flix 100 Lap Model -- which has a HUGE display:

and the Pulsar PQ2003 which has a stainless steel case and a HUGE display:

Consider G-7500 series, big digits and date.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information