After Market Carbon Fiber - There has to be a market

Thread: After Market Carbon Fiber - There has to be a market

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

After Market Carbon Fiber - There has to be a market

How long do you guys think it will be until we start seeing after market replacement bands using carbon fiber for our G's?

I would think that there is certainly a market for them. I for one would buy at least one replacement for each of my G's esp my Frog and path finders.

Quote Originally Posted by brvheart
    No I am not OCD....I am CDO - that is OCD in the proper order

Re: After Market Carbon Fiber - There has to be a market

if it didn't rot over time like the casio resin i would certainly buy some for my 8400's and riseman

Are there any other alternatives as a solution? And you would think that Casio would figure this out....

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Call me a purist, but I don't like the idea of aftermarket parts in general. I stick with OEM whenever possible. That said, if someone made a full carbon fiber (band and bezel) coated in clear resin for a 200 series frog, I would definitely buy it. It would be the same general look as the carbon fiber frog, but with real carbon fiber instead of just a pattern.

since I am new to the Frogman club and have not yet searched - does Casio keep Frog parts readily available after years? I would prefer keeping OEM also, however if those parts are not available then what do we do if they rot out?

The problem I see is: if are your talking REAL carbon fiber weave cloth versus a coating, image, dip process, that looks like carbon fiber?
    REAL c/f cloth is expensive, the later not so much. Casio has already done some with a c/f look and IMHO no one beat the door down to get those, you can still find them to buy if you look around. So I dunno if they think its a feasable market to get into.

Quote Originally Posted by brvheart View Post
    since I am new to the Frogman club and have not yet searched - does Casio keep Frog parts readily available after years? I would prefer keeping OEM also, however if those parts are not available then what do we do if they rot out?

Sometimes they are available for many years and sometimes they are not. It will be harder to find if it is a limited edition as opposed to a plain black resin band. If parts are no longer available, and yours are rotted out, then you are out of luck. You can sell the module on ebay or make some adaptors and try to use a different band.

Quote Originally Posted by Time4Fun View Post
    Casio has already done some with a c/f look and IMHO no one beat the door down to get those, you can still find them to buy if you look around. So I dunno if they think its a feasable market to get into.
    The carbon fiber frogman that casio made sells for a lot of money these days, even though it is fake carbon fiber and the coating wears off easily. Personally, I detest fake carbon fiber patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by Time4Fun View Post
    The problem I see is: if are your talking REAL carbon fiber weave cloth versus a coating, image, dip process, that looks like carbon fiber?
    REAL c/f cloth is expensive, the later not so much. Casio has already done some with a c/f look and IMHO no one beat the door down to get those, you can still find them to buy if you look around. So I dunno if they think its a feasable market to get into.
    The amount of "real" cf to make a watch band is negligible, especially compared to the price of a frogman. All cf is is epoxy coated fiber. The trick is keeping it pliable enough to make a watch band out of. CF is brittle as hell, depending upon how it is manufactured. Keeping it flexible is the challenge.

Casio G-Shock GX-56-1BDR
    Casio Pathfinder PAW1500GB-1V
    Casio Pro-Trek PRT-40
    Casio AW-80
    Casio SDB-610

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information