ALIFE G5500AL-1 World Wide Release SOLD OUT!
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ALIFE G5500AL-1 World Wide Release SOLD OUT!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 57
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    425

    Unhappy ALIFE G5500AL-1 World Wide Release SOLD OUT!

    Just wanted to let you all know that even the world wide release is now sold out! So, if you were like me waiting then ebay is your only hope .

    I have been waiting for quite sometime thinking that it will show up at local stores like Macy's, Bloomies etc. or even online like Amazon.com or something with no avail! Finally, I called the Casio USA and found out the US and International release all was also limited to a very low quantity not more than one or two thousands. They were also limiting it to one per household and unfortunately, it is now all sold out everywhere including at below:

    ShopCasio.com: G-SHOCK G5500AL-1



    Now my only hope is ebay and you know the rest. I think even on ebay it is very scarce only 4 or 5 sellers, who has it.

    Alas, I am afraid somehow I missed the boat...
    Last edited by watch_tech; February 3rd, 2011 at 06:09.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Posts
    7,352

    Re: ALIFE G5500AL-1 World Wide Release SOLD OUT!

    With these types of collaborations, a lot of people buy them just to sell them, so I would expect a bunch to be hitting ebay in the coming weeks. I don't think prices will be too crazy. This is Alife, after all, not Bape.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    425

    Re: ALIFE G5500AL-1 World Wide Release SOLD OUT!

    Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    With these types of collaborations, a lot of people buy them just to sell them, so I would expect a bunch to be hitting ebay in the coming weeks. I don't think prices will be too crazy. This is Alife, after all, not Bape.
    Well, I don't think that is true for G5500AL-1. Like I said, it was limited to 1 per household and not sold in stores. None could order more than one. I just checked ebay, only 3 sellers and all selling more than $200. I may have to just bite the bullet and order one before they are nowhere to be found.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member Rockwilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,192

    Re: ALIFE G5500AL-1 World Wide Release SOLD OUT!

    I'm afraid that was not the case watch tech. I was talking to a guy on eBay who was selling four of them for $200 a piece. Other people I have seen are selling multiple numbers. It's terrible to see people saturating the market and then profiteering individually in something they didn't have a hand in making. In my opinion the watch is nothing special anyway. It's just another black G-Shock! Go and buy a couple of Bape G-Shocks (that are released this weekend I believe) sell one or both of them on eBay for a tidy profit and then buy an Alife G-Shock from eBay and you still have the leftover money in your pocket! Bingo.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Posts
    7,352

    Re: ALIFE G5500AL-1 World Wide Release SOLD OUT!

    Speaking of "just another black G-Shock"... the new Bape is pretty pathetic. It's almost like they just want to see what they can get away with in terms of their brand value. There is no design flair AT ALL--no risks, no new ideas, nothing worth talking about. Normally I don't mind subtle designs, but just putting your logo on an all black watch is pretty boring in most cases.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    425

    Re: ALIFE G5500AL-1 World Wide Release SOLD OUT!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockwilder View Post
    I'm afraid that was not the case watch tech. I was talking to a guy on eBay who was selling four of them for $200 a piece. Other people I have seen are selling multiple numbers. It's terrible to see people saturating the market and then profiteering individually in something they didn't have a hand in making. In my opinion the watch is nothing special anyway. It's just another black G-Shock! Go and buy a couple of Bape G-Shocks (that are released this weekend I believe) sell one or both of them on eBay for a tidy profit and then buy an Alife G-Shock from eBay and you still have the leftover money in your pocket! Bingo.
    Well said! I really never understood people's fascination with Bapes. But I really like the simplistic understated look of the Alife. A simple black and white design that is very attractive. Plus, I always wanted have one of the 5500s that I don't have. When Casio made the announcement, I thought it would be available to the public much like the other watches but it never was. I am not sure how these ebay sellers are scoring more than the alloted quantity, which in this case I was told by Casio is strictly controlled to one per household. I guess someone figured out how to fool the system. Anyways, hopefully I will find one around soon...

  8. #7
    Member Queen6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The land of the Unexpected
    Posts
    3,518

    Picture Re: ALIFE G5500AL-1 World Wide Release SOLD OUT!

    Always the same with Casio limited releases, worse for the Japan only ones. It`s a shame that some simply see them as a vehicle for a quick buck, then again it`s an open market...

    I was very lucky to get a GA-110EV-6AJR at recommended price, the GA-110PS-7AJR was missed, and now they are north of $500 so I doubt I will ever see one...


    GA-110PS-7AJR

    Q-6
    Last edited by Queen6; February 3rd, 2011 at 18:56.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ewa Beach, HI
    Posts
    601

    Re: ALIFE G5500AL-1 World Wide Release SOLD OUT!

    I think that only Casio USA limited it to one per household on shopcasio.com. I did not hear of any other restrictions in the other Casio markets. That is probably where most of the resellers stocked up.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    270

    Re: ALIFE G5500AL-1 World Wide Release SOLD OUT!

    @ king i have alot of alife item and they are a dope company. I wouldnt just down them like they are old navy.

    @ watch tech there are some on ebay but far 2 expensive.


    CASIO G-SHOCK G-5500AL-1JR a-life alife Arnaud Roberto - eBay (item 170592202586 end time Feb-17-11 00:52:54 PST)

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    425

    Re: ALIFE G5500AL-1 World Wide Release SOLD OUT!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruckout View Post
    @ king i have alot of alife item and they are a dope company. I wouldnt just down them like they are old navy.

    @ watch tech there are some on ebay but far 2 expensive.


    CASIO G-SHOCK G-5500AL-1JR a-life alife Arnaud Roberto - eBay (item 170592202586 end time Feb-17-11 00:52:54 PST)
    I knew that Alife is a great company and that's one of the reason I wanted it. However, now that it is all sold out it's gonna be hard to find one without paying the extra. I think the production for these were very limited. It all sold out in just few days. Thanks for the info. I will keep looking...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •