To all the DW-9900 Fro'Gurus out there! HELP!!!

Thread: To all the DW-9900 Fro'Gurus out there! HELP!!!

Way south of the border by way of the Equator, in Niteroi - next to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil!

To all the DW-9900 Fro'Gurus out there! HELP!!!

Hello there,

I have a couple of DW-9900 Froggies on the way, one of them a DW-9900LG-8JR "Men in White Gray", and the other I still cannot be sure. From the two of them, the MIWG bezel and strap are very much yellowed and the other 9900 is missing its bezel.

I do not mind going the dye-it-black route on the MIWG, but rather would like first to try and locate a suitable bezel and strap set to replace them both. The problem is that so far I have been sorely disappointed in my searching; it seems that the DW-9900 series have been neglected as far as cosmetic spare parts interest is concerned.

Therefore my call to help from all able hands in the forum: if anybody knows of a suitable parts source, perhaps to point out an exchange part from another Frog, well, whatever it may be, please be so kind as to chime in, ok? :thanks

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Marcello GT
    Last edited by Marcello GT; November 9th, 2009 at 13:05. Reason: Kudos to Babola!!!
    Cheers,

Marcello GT
    ---------------

From top to bottom, we are now @ 14270 meters deep in watches and still counting!

Re: Need help from the brethren

There's some limited selection on Japan Yahoo auction site at the moment, 9900WC-2 bezel and dial insert, as well as yellow 9900GF-9 bezel/strap set.

I know this may not be what you're after but pays to keep an eye on this web site.

And you're right, the 9900 model never got much love, especially compared to 8200 model. I believe that's due to its non-traditional inverted Frogman look. I always thought Casio released 9900 series to cater for people wearing watches on their right hand.

Good luck in your search!

Way south of the border by way of the Equator, in Niteroi - next to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil!

Re: To all the DW-9900 Fro'Gurus out there! HELP!!!

Thank you very much for both your pointers and your sincerity; indeed I was hoping for more, but have received what I got in good will and am thus obliged to you once again for your help and interest! 'Appreciate it! :thanks
    Last edited by Marcello GT; November 10th, 2009 at 13:49.
    Cheers,

Marcello GT
    ---------------

From top to bottom, we are now @ 14270 meters deep in watches and still counting!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Need help from the brethren

Quote Originally Posted by Marcello GT View Post
    Thank you very much for both your pointers and your sincerity; indeed I was hoping for more, but have received what I got in good will and am thus obliged to you once again for your help and interest! 'Appreciate it! :thanks
    Hey no problem at all...if I was in a same situation as you I would have expected something similar along these lines from others here. I'm a bit surprised at lack of response to your question from the 9900-gurus here, so fingers crossed for someone else chiming in soon

Come on guys!

Re: To all the DW-9900 Fro'Gurus out there! HELP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by babola View Post
    Hey no problem at all...if I was in a same situation as you I would have expected something similar along these lines from others here. I'm a bit surprised at lack of response to your question from the 9900-gurus here, so fingers crossed for someone else chiming in soon

Come on guys!
    Thanks again for the support, man! 'Appreciate it, really!

Well, the call has been made; let's see if they will come...
    Cheers,

Marcello GT
    ---------------

Thread Information