all metal 6900?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By georgenaka

Thread: all metal 6900?

all metal 6900?

with the advent of the all metal 5600's, I have the wishful thinking of an all metal 6900 on bracelet. After all, if the 5600 is the most central iconic g shock, I think the 6900 is right next to it. An all metal 6900 on metal bracelet could be one of the coolest most masculine watches ever. It would have the heft and presence of the MT-G's but be all digital. Of course, we could have it with an updated STN module like the 5600 as well and definitely with a steel screwback case. It would be one badass chunk of metal. I just hope the eyes are kept oldschool like the classic counting seconds, rather than the 2 small eyes static and displaying power/alarm settings.

All wishful thinking here :D... but if its ever produced, I think I would become a one watch guy right then and there with a black IP bezel/band and positive LCD module with the blue and red eyes. A metal re-incarnation of the basic classic. I'd be down for a metal firefox homage too, any of the original basic classics in metal

I actually feel like the 6900 would work better in metal than the 5600 even, due to the roundish face
    Last edited by georgenaka; March 25th, 2019 at 18:20.

Re: all metal 6900?

id prob choose a 6900 over a 5600 most days but i dont think the 6900 would lend itself to a metal look with that bulbous bezel. the custom metal bezel for them pretty much proves that, just doesnt have the same styling. a weathered ip might be a little better tho
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Re: all metal 6900?

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsu Tekubi View Post
    id prob choose a 6900 over a 5600 most days but i dont think the 6900 would lend itself to a metal look with that bulbous bezel. the custom metal bezel for them pretty much proves that, just doesnt have the same styling. a weathered ip might be a little better tho
    I agree with the weathered IP, would definitely fit better than a very glossy black IMO. Where does one source a custom metal bezel for the 6900? I've only ever seen the alvarae forged carbon. A metal bezel plus metal strap adapters/metal bracelet would be a cool project, although it would be lacking the screwback module to make it perfect

edit: after searching for pictures of the metal aftermarket bezel I see what you mean. I does not look good. However, I believe this is because those bezels have smoothed out all the features of the bezel, for example the part of the bezel that would be where the crown is on an analog watch is smoothed into one round mass rather than the 2 angular blocks jutting out. It just looks blobby and loses all the definition and details that make the 6900 bezel cool. I think the metal bezel would have to be a 1-1 copy of the resin without any smoothing of the features to look best. (including the engraved g-shock logo, adjust, mode etc.
    Last edited by georgenaka; March 26th, 2019 at 17:42.
    Tetsu Tekubi likes this.

Thread Information