All METAL G-Shocks or Pathfinders?

Thread: All METAL G-Shocks or Pathfinders?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Question All METAL G-Shocks or Pathfinders?

I was wondering if there are ANY all metal (stainless steel or ideally - titanium) CASIO G-Shock or Pathfinder watches out there (Japan-only models would be OK). By all metal I mean metal case but also metal pushers and bracelet with NO plastic accents of any kind. Ideally - I'm looking for an LCD-only watch (no analogue hands). Model numbers would be much appreciated. Links to online retailers even more so

Thank you,
    Michael

Re: All METAL G-Shocks or Pathfinders?

The one on the bottom LOOKS to be all metal... If it in fact is - what's the model number? Any more all metal G-shocks / Pathfinders out there?

Thanks,
    Michael

Last edited by mchomicz; November 8th, 2006 at 05:39.

all i can say is if you have more than 3 g shocks, look into a pro trek as they have alot more functions. i have 7 g shocks now and currently looking into a prg80yt. wich will empty the rest of my money out of my account. haha
    its not so easy to find an all metal watch, with g shock i think it would kind of shorten the shock resistance they are known for. the plastic acts as a "cushion" thats just me though, sorry i cant be of more help.
    BROADARROW: PRS-4Q
    CASIO: DW-6100, GW200TC-2V(FROGMAN), G9000-3V (MUDMAN), DW5600E-1V, GW1200BA-1AV, GW6900, PAW-1300-1V(PATHFINDER), GW-7900B, G-7900
    SWISS ARMY: ACTIVE ORIGINAL SAI 24378
    SEIKO: BLACK MONSTER, SKX007, 300M TUNA CAN
    OAKLEY: D1 BLACK/BLACK

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 1414DW6100 View Post
    all i can say is if you have more than 3 g shocks
    I don't have any. I'm looking to add one (or a Pathfinder) to my line up - as long as it's an all-metal watch

Thx,
    Michael

Looks like the bottom watch is in fact an all-titanium G-shock (G-Shock Mr G 100T) However, it appers to be out of production for close to 10 yeasrs now... It has a small plastic insert on the bottom of the case which actually would be OK with me (as it's not visible when worn on the wrist). This is presiely the sort of watch I'm looking for. Are there any simlar watches (G-shocks OR Pathfinders) in current / recnt production? Here is a photo I found on the web:

In the Pathfinder (Protrek) models, there are these two which are all titanium. The PRG 80yt black and the 80 regular colored titanium. I think there are others too like the PRG 90 etc. The brand new model of the PRG 80 YT is solar and atomic (here in Japan) but expensive!
    The 80s are solar only..amazing watches and huge! 62mm width! The black version stands up well against scratches. The regular 80 titanium has been modded with a black reverse dial and gold toned digits!
    Used 80s are hard to find but out there from time to time. 21 Jewels.com has good prices with int. shipping included.
    Attached Images Attached Images

the cheapest iv found a PRG80YT for was 159.00 U.S.
    i just thought that the PRG would be more bang for the buck. most of us dont dive, i cant even swim so i stay away from the ocean.
    BROADARROW: PRS-4Q
    CASIO: DW-6100, GW200TC-2V(FROGMAN), G9000-3V (MUDMAN), DW5600E-1V, GW1200BA-1AV, GW6900, PAW-1300-1V(PATHFINDER), GW-7900B, G-7900
    SWISS ARMY: ACTIVE ORIGINAL SAI 24378
    SEIKO: BLACK MONSTER, SKX007, 300M TUNA CAN
    OAKLEY: D1 BLACK/BLACK

Thanks for your replies. It's REAL hard to tell just from photos but it LOOK like the PRG80YT has plastic buttons. Are they plastic or metal?

If it wasn't for the fact that this watch has plastic components - I'd go all out and get one of these new Multi Band 5 Pathfinders (love radio controlled watches; and I like large digit, high contrast - as in not inverted - LCDs). But I would really prefer to avoid any visible plastic components...

I wish CASIO made an all metal version of the5600J-1JF This watch is beautiful in its simplicity (homage to the first ever G-shock?) yet packs the latest solar technology and Japan/US radio reception. So unfortunate (for me) that it's plastic...

Thanks again,
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mchomicz View Post
    I was wondering if there are ANY all metal (stainless steel or ideally - titanium) CASIO G-Shock or Pathfinder watches out there (Japan-only models would be OK). By all metal I mean metal case but also metal pushers and bracelet with NO plastic accents of any kind. Ideally - I'm looking for an LCD-only watch (no analogue hands). Model numbers would be much appreciated. Links to online retailers even more so

Thank you,
    Michael
    Hi,
    I love G´s.I have a MTG-220T,MRG-100 & DW-9200K(2)(MRG too) and love the quality!!!

Adan

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

hi micheal,

i own the PRG80YT and it has plastic pushers. also the bezel is made of plastic I think (could also be made of aluminium, but I don't think so).

but besides that: because the watch is all black you don't recognize the plastic material much. and I can assure you, the PRG80YT is one hell of a watch and one of my favorites to wear.

I'm not aware of a current g-shock and/or pro-trek, that has only metal parts on it. you probably will find other casio watches with that criteria, but not G's and P's IMO.

regards, holger
    We are 12.6 %

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information