To All, To Sjors Too...

Thread: To All, To Sjors Too...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

To All, To Sjors Too...

Now, I have a GW-9100, love this model...
    I read in this manual the WR...no SCUBA DIVING....only watches "AIR DIVER´S 200M"...I dont understand....:oops:

I think the Gulfman have a same case compare to DW-6900, 4 screws...

help me

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

Re: To All, To Sjors Too...

My Gulfman's manual also said no Scuba Diving (in Japanese). I posted the fact on the forum when I first got the watch, but I don't think anyone believed me.

Wink Re: To All, To Sjors Too...

Hi Adan,

I think it's something like Casio is backing them selves in. The watch can withstand 200m static water pressure. I think it won't harm the watch taking it to some "undeep" scuba diving. The 4 scew back is in my opinion not a bad thing al all. The pressure on the gasket is applied gently and equal over the rubber and there is no friction asd with a screwback.

Also the waterpressure pushes the back harder on the gasket when you go deeper. I think the only problem that can be is water leaking at greater depths through the (double) button seals.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post
    Hi Adan,

I think it's something like Casio is backing them selves in. The watch can withstand 200m static water pressure. I think it won't harm the watch taking it to some "undeep" scuba diving. The 4 scew back is in my opinion not a bad thing al all. The pressure on the gasket is applied gently and equal over the rubber and there is no friction asd with a screwback.

Also the waterpressure pushes the back harder on the gasket when you go deeper. I think the only problem that can be is water leaking at greater depths through the (double) button seals.

Cheers,

Sjors
    THANKS, I understand...The new G-Shocks have the same WR compare to old models...right?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonJade View Post
    My Gulfman's manual also said no Scuba Diving (in Japanese). I posted the fact on the forum when I first got the watch, but I don't think anyone believed me.
    I dont read your old post about this...

thanks

Wink Re: To All, To Sjors Too...

Hi Adan,

I remember JD's post as post, not that it was his or the Gulfman related. In my idea I had the same "Water Resist" page in my head as you just posted. The picture DJ posted shows very clearly Water Resist 20Bar (equal to 200 meter static water pressure).

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Sjors I've asked this on Dive forum and static and "dynamic" pressure do not differ at all. According to these folks even if you move your hand your "dynamic" pressure will never go more than 1-3 meters different than "static" pressure.

Dynamic pressure is really just an "urban myth".

Quote Originally Posted by duke4c View Post
    Sjors I've asked this on Dive forum and static and "dynamic" pressure do not differ at all. According to these folks even if you move your hand your "dynamic" pressure will never go more than 1-3 meters different than "static" pressure.

Dynamic pressure is really just an "urban myth".
    That's the impression I've gained too.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

i think all current JDM G-Shock except for frogman are "WR20BAR"

"WR20BAR" does not equal to "WR 200m" or "Scuba 200m" in Japan

i think in order "qualify" for "WR 200m" or "Scuba 200m", there are more regulation (maybe in the design, material, test, or manufacturing process)

i personally think "WR20BAR" is fit for most recreational diving (which are usually less than 200ft ~ 70-80m)

i think casio just doesn't want to go through the red tape to get all the watches qualify for "WR 200m" or "Scuba 200m". and use the phrase "no SCUBA DIVING" to cover their behind

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information