Almost a week with the GW-S5660B

Thread: Almost a week with the GW-S5660B

Almost a week with the GW-S5660B

Hey,
    (Meant, GW-S5600. Oops)
    Long time lurker, first time poster. I bought the Carbon Fiber G last Monday and I've been wearing it all week. I think it's great!

Obvious pluses off the top of my head;
    Light but doesn't shift around. Seems set on the wrist and stays there.
    Fits under a sleeve.
    Like the negative display and the light is a cool green shade.
    Great functions, like the 24 CDT and world time.

About the complaints over price, I'd easily figure this as a $150 watch and spent about $50 more on this one in Osaka (about 21,000 yen in total with a coupon I had). Considering the strap is nearly indestructable, I think its a good deal. And its shiny

Strap is stiffer than on other Gs I own (Mudman and a Gulfman my girlfriend has adopted/stolen) but I just wear it a bit looser than the others and have no problems. I'd definitely recommend it.

Will try to get a review and pictures up soon.

Charlie H.
    Last edited by MountainGoat; July 9th, 2010 at 10:29. Reason: error in model name in thread title

Re: Almost a week with the GW-S5660B

Hi, thanks for the thoughts! I'm looking forward to some pics - so far it's a unique model. Wondering where Casio will go next with this.
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

Welcome to the forum!
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I was going to say that too, but was unsure of the phrase to welcome someone who's already been here for ages, albeit silently
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

Yo Charlie, welcome to WUS.

What an interesting little watch it is- thanks for your impressions. Like you, I found myself wearing the band a little looser than usual because it didn't want to conform to the degree other straps do. Isn't the texture on the backside of the strap interesting?

Glad to have another voice directly from Japan, too. Keep posting....

Welcome! Awaiting your pix. . . .
    D

Welcome!!! It's good to hear a few plus and minus on the new carbon fiber 5600 :thanks
    Mechagodzilla find me a G-Shock in Tokyo!!

The back of the strap is interesting A-Tom-ic. I've noticed that it seems to "pool" sweat and moisture more than other straps. When I take the watch off at the end of the day, there's a few drops of moisture, looks like dew, in the depressions of the strap.

I've done a "sniff" test too and its a lot less stinky than resin straps I've had.

So far the shiny coating over the carbon fiber is standing up well. A couple of indents where the buckle presses in but no other scratches or marks.

I did notice another strange thing. If I run the watch under water, I can see moisture where the strap meets the bars under the semi-transparent case. Water normally gets in there, but it mists on the case until it evaporates.

Still enjoying the watch

Thread Information