Alternative to GWM5600BC-1???

Thread: Alternative to GWM5600BC-1???

Alternative to GWM5600BC-1???

Sorry to add yet another 5600 thread to the board, but I just can't take it. The shear number of models and versions, coupled with my relative newbe status, has taken its toll. I am looking to but a 5600, and love the GWM5600BC. I want a reverse display (check), day/date display (check), composite band (check), and sub $200 price (NO check!!!).

The closest I can find in my price range, with similar features, is the GW5600BCJ-1, but I don't think it displays the day and date at the same time. However, I do like the orange lettering!!!

Anyway, can someone just confirm if my model analysis is correct? Thanks!!!!

Re: Alternative to GWM5600BC-1???

Yes, your model analysis is correct. If you dont need the multiband 5 and can live without the day and date being displayed at the same time it is an awesome watch. You can get it for less then half the price the GWM. It has the same bracelet, larger lcd digits and I think it actually looks better then the GWM. When I am sober I usually know what day of the week it is so not having it displayed with the date does not bother me at all.

This is one Stealthy looking G! Go for it I say!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

First, thanks you both for the fast responses.

My problem is that for my work, I am on a 4/2 schedule. Four days on, two off. My days off will be Wed./Thurs. this week, and then Tues./Wed. the next, and so on. So I need the day/date displayed, otherwise its too easy to loose track (I used to be able to when I was off weekends). When you factor in my desire for the composite bracelet and the reverse display, I am left with the GWM5600BC. Unless I get cheap, forget the bracelet and display, which opens up some less expensive alternatives.

well i'm mean, if you can afford it, then by all means, get it. unfortunately for this model, it's a pretty decent amount change to get it comparing to other reverse displays, this one is like 1 bill more.

otherwise, you should just SAVE up for the watch.
    09/02/08 - G-Shock DW5600FS-3JF aka HERO G
    10/14/08 - G-Shock GW9200-1 Riseman
    10/19/08 - G-Shock GW-M5600BC-1JF
    03/31/09 - Seiko SBPP001
    09/19/13 -
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 125 ST378.0801

Thumbs Up Re: Alternative to GWM5600BC-1???

If I were you I would just get the basic DW5600. The negative display and bracelet band are things that can either really turn an person on or really turn a person off. IMO a DW5600 of some variety is mandatory for any 5600 fan. Also, only about $30.

Even if you decide that you really want the negative display and bracelet you would just need to add another G to your collection and you could just take your time and hang out on the sales corner forum. One will pop up at a decent price eventually.

TTT

Yeah, it's a shame they stopped producing those. I remember they were only about $110-120 when they came out, and now they've gone through the roof. I would just get one of the cheaper models too.

I appreciate the last two comments, and agree. I am going to forget the composite band and reverse display this time around.

But, I really wanted at least day/date + atomic/solar. I guess that would be a plain GW-M5600. However, this seems to be pricey as well. So, I will either forget the atomic/solar, or just pony up the cash.

And, if I do pony up the cash, I guess at that point I should just spend the extra $20 and go for the BC-1.

Oh, decisions.......

Yes atomic/solar is nice, but IMO a little over rated. Batteries last a really long time (7-10 years) and the non-atomic G's keep really good time (they are not perfect, but pretty close for a long period).

I just think it is better to make a mistake with a cheaper watch, dw5600 and trade up rather than lose a bunch of cash on a more expensive watch when you trade down.

I was just like you in July and no longer have my negative display/bracelet 5600, but I do have 7 total watches in my collection including 2 dw5600's.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by fespo276 View Post
    I appreciate the last two comments, and agree. I am going to forget the composite band and reverse display this time around.

But, I really wanted at least day/date + atomic/solar. I guess that would be a plain GW-M5600. However, this seems to be pricey as well. So, I will either forget the atomic/solar, or just pony up the cash.

And, if I do pony up the cash, I guess at that point I should just spend the extra $20 and go for the BC-1.

Oh, decisions.......

Thread Information