Alternative strap/band for Casio Edifice.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mike K

Thread: Alternative strap/band for Casio Edifice.

Alternative strap/band for Casio Edifice.

Well, it's been a while since I posted a new thread. Sadly no, it's not about a G. =)

Anyway, I've been recently infatuated with a Casio Edifice, an EF-132D-1A4 pictured below:

http://www.hkspecials.com/images/pro...-1A4VDR_06.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I don't actually have the watch (yet); just trying to imagine it in a different strap other than the stock SS band, to give it a little more character (it's also easier to adjust a rubber/leather strap compared to a steel band on my girly wrist). How does a black rubber strap sound, or maybe black/orange leather? Appreciate your inputs. Thanks.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; December 16th, 2013 at 12:37.
    DW-9051/2
    G-9200 Riseman
    G-9100 Gulfman
    G-9000MC-8D Mudman
    GW5600J
    GA-100A-9A

Sucks to be without a G.

Re: Alternative strap/band for Casio Edifice.

Black rubber or black and orange leather both sound good! I've been a fan of Zulu and NATO-type straps since before I found this forum and really like them on many of my G's, so that might be an option as well?

My only concern for the Edifice you're considering is the way the bracelet attaches to the watch body. From that picture, it looks as if that model might use the same sort of proprietary Casio attachment system and short sturdy springbars that makes installing "non-stock" straps on many G-Shocks such a challenge.

If I'm right, and if that model DOES use Casio's 16mm springbar, there are two new companies making metal "strap adapters" to fit that space -- here's a link to one website: Suppa G Shock Adapters Replacement Straps

If I'm wrong, and you have the option of buying a more standard size strap (like 20 or 22mm) that will make things a lot simpler!
    Bogeyman likes this.

Thread Information