Am I A G Shock Convert?! I think so! *PICS ADDED*
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Am I A G Shock Convert?! I think so! *PICS ADDED*

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Am I A G Shock Convert?! I think so! *PICS ADDED*

Okay so here's the deal, I fell out of the watch game around 4 years ago when my daughter was born, and have been looking much more closely as of late. When I ended up selling all my pricey mechanical watches I picked up a GW-9200 Riseman so I'd have something to wear that was tough, required little maintenance and looked reasonable at work. Over the past 4 years I've kinda ignored it and seemingly this is due to the fact that it ALWAYS works, it ALWAYS syncs with the atomic clock. I've beating the ever-lovin' crap out of this watch and it's asked for more. When I first came back to the forum looking for a new (to me) watch, I started looking at the old favs and then all of a sudden I'm searching for "shock" "g shock" "g-shock" and have bought two G-Shocks to be delivered today. I think it's because I've seen the Riseman on my wrist for so long that I just want more of a good thing! I think I'm converted!

Oh and I think the "official" conversion happened when I saw the GW-A1100 in green. It's completely floored me and now I'm thinking about getting it.

Here's comes another bout' of addiction! Please help!
    Last edited by McSoappy; December 22nd, 2013 at 06:04.

Re: Am I A G Shock Convert?! I think so!

I don't think there really IS any sort of help available -- it's probably best to just let it run its course.

The good news (for your wallet) is that there are many levels of G addiction -- I found this forum when I bought my second G-Shock and started hanging around, reading, learning and drooling over quite a few models....

Luckily (?) I seem to have slowed down the collecting at "only" eighteen G's and Casios -- but there are some here who are well over the 100 mark! G's are definitely like the old potato chip ad, though -- it seems like nobody around here can buy just one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    I don't think there really IS any sort of help available -- it's probably best to just let it run its course.

The good news (for your wallet) is that there are many levels of G addiction -- I found this forum when I bought my second G-Shock and started hanging around, reading, learning and drooling over quite a few models....

Luckily (?) I seem to have slowed down the collecting at "only" eighteen G's and Casios -- but there are some here who are well over the 100 mark! G's are definitely like the old potato chip ad, though -- it seems like nobody around here can buy just one.
    Okay so that means my case is relatively mild only having 3, right?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by McSoappy View Post
    Okay so that means my case is relatively mild only having 3, right?
    It's very mild -- SO FAR!!

<evil laugh & ominous music>

Sooner or later...
    fatiredflyer, JATO757 and pocky like this.
    My Current Beater:
    Casio G-Shock: GW-2310FB-1CR

-=[My Pelican 1495; Home for my Gs]=-

Quote Originally Posted by Cognac0113 View Post

Sooner or later...
    Oh no! :) I already plan to hit a few places to see what they've got on sale right before the holiday! Man that A1100 is calling my name!

Here's the current line-up I have. Any of you experts have any comments on them? Anything cool or individual about them? I'm a complete rookie and know nothing! :)

Chrisek likes this.

Re: Am I A G Shock Convert?! I think so! *PICS ADDED*

Love the Zombie Killer (on the right)! The Riseman is solid and well loved. Another 6900? Nothing against, but now you need to get that 1100 to reduce the 6900's to only 50% of your collection :D

sent with aloha
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisek View Post
    Love the Zombie Killer (on the right)! The Riseman is solid and well loved. Another 6900? Nothing against, but now you need to get that 1100 to reduce the 6900's to only 50% of your collection :D

sent with aloha
    Yeah I'm kinda concerned the 1100 is gonna be too big. So what makes the Zombie Killer special? What it a special release? Always available?

The 1100 will be your biggest watch (for a little bit anyway) but it is definitely not the biggest G. You should be safe.
    I don't know how it got the name, but the Zombie Killer was a full production colorway. Only limited by production, nothing arbitrary. I do like it.

sent with aloha
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information