Am I going nuts or....
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Am I going nuts or....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,196

    Am I going nuts or....

    ...have I discovered something.

    In this thread https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/i-...4791487-8.html I talked about not finding a spot in my house to sync until I hung it on my inexpensive atomic wall clock. Once it synced, it has been reliably syncing on my arm every night - for about a week now, rain or shine right around midnight (maybe not shine, but clear weather).

    Accordingly, I have a theory that may, or may not make sense.

    The watches originally synced in Japan (mine was set to Tokyo and synced a month or so ago). Even though I reset the timezone, perhaps it needs a very strong signal to "switch" to a new transmitter. Now that it has "found" the transmitter in Colorado, it can sync with a weaker signal.

    I guess there are several alternatives:

    1. I'm full of it
    2. Makes sense
    3. Old news, we figured that out ages ago.

  2. #2
    Member Steelerswit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    10,570

    Re: Am I going nuts or....

    4; you jinxed yourself, it won't sync for a month now.

    Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator
    brandon\ and Motorcycle Man like this.
    Call Sign - Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    For most of us, when we wear a bad-a** watch, the characteristics of the watch "bleed over" to us -- and suddenly, WE are bad-a**es!
    For some members here though -- like Steelerswit, and Kubr1ck -- they have so much inherent "bad-a**ery" that when they put on a bad-a** watch, the energy flows from them TO the watch, making the watch EVEN MORE bad-a**!!! Yes, it's a real scientific phenomenon that obscure mad scientists only recently discovered.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,196

    Re: Am I going nuts or....

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelerswit View Post
    4; you jinxed yourself, it won't sync for a month now.

    Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator
    Yeah, you're probably right... :(

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member WES51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles Area, California
    Posts
    1,999

    Re: Am I going nuts or....

    It ain't 2 or 3 :)
    brandon\, randb and cb1111 like this.

  6. #5
    Member Miklos86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    1,869

    Re: Am I going nuts or....

    Gs have a soul (mechanical watch lovers, please contain your outrage). Your G needed time to get over the fact that he/she's not in Japan anymore, cease longing for the Sakura cherry trees. He/she found a companion in you atomic wall clock, a soulmate, now it has started coming to terms with life far from home. I advise preferential, bordering on gentle... possibly even lover-like treatment.

    See, now you're not the only one full of it.
    - Casio G-Shock MR-G G1000B-1A
    - Casio G-Shock GW5000-1JF
    - Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW9400-1
    - Casio Pro Trek PRW-6600YBE-5
    -
    Garmin Fenix 5 Plus
    - Seiko Samurai Great White Shark edition SRPD23K1


  7. #6
    Member sticky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    54,160

    Re: Am I going nuts or....

    When it comes to syncing a lot of Gs are a law unto themselves.
    Steelerswit likes this.

  8. #7
    Member Steelerswit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    10,570

    Re: Am I going nuts or....

    Wakarimasen, Wit San, wakarimasen.
    Call Sign - Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    For most of us, when we wear a bad-a** watch, the characteristics of the watch "bleed over" to us -- and suddenly, WE are bad-a**es!
    For some members here though -- like Steelerswit, and Kubr1ck -- they have so much inherent "bad-a**ery" that when they put on a bad-a** watch, the energy flows from them TO the watch, making the watch EVEN MORE bad-a**!!! Yes, it's a real scientific phenomenon that obscure mad scientists only recently discovered.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    52

    Re: Am I going nuts or....

    It's mostly atmospheric conditions that affect people on the fringe of the sync zone. Cloud in the right place, syncs. Humidity 1 point off from yesterday, doesn't sync.

    Also, I imagine weak EM fields in the home may have some effect, one way or another.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Southeast USA
    Posts
    523

    Re: Am I going nuts or....

    I've found that first sync to sometimes be more difficult it seems when I get a new watch. I've kinda felt the same way as you as they seem to get easier after that first initial sync with the new tower. Or maybe were both crazy

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,196

    Re: Am I going nuts or....

    Quote Originally Posted by lukemeetze View Post
    I've found that first sync to sometimes be more difficult it seems when I get a new watch. I've kinda felt the same way as you as they seem to get easier after that first initial sync with the new tower. Or maybe were both crazy
    Or maybe we are the only two sane ones here...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 0
      Last Post: January 17th, 2014, 05:43
    2. Anyone else going nuts trying to choose a G shock?
      By El Gato in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 48
      Last Post: December 30th, 2013, 23:13
    3. Whats with the stars? Going nuts here!
      By dreski in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 33
      Last Post: November 7th, 2011, 16:13
    4. Replies: 6
      Last Post: September 17th, 2011, 05:15
    5. Replies: 15
      Last Post: August 1st, 2008, 23:10

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •