Am I normal?

Thread: Am I normal?

Am I normal?

Hi pals, I want to tell you that I dont know if this is normal or not but ok, here I go: I only like and wear Casio's watches since I was a lil kid and I dont know but I cant wear other brand...I just feel naked if I do. I dont mean Casio's the best brand ever but for me...it is. I feel safe with a watch that doesnt need a battery and has a nice light...do you think one of this watches would last 100 years or more? I do.
    Anyway I like watches myself and I appreciate brands like Tisson, Swatch, Rolex, but Casio is my fav one.
    Be today, better than yesterday.
    Batman

Banned

Re: Am I normal?

Hi Batman,

People wear only certain shoes, pants, or drink only certain brands of soda(CODE RED!!!), and so on. We are creatures of habit, we are .

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Batman
    Hi pals, I want to tell you that I dont know if this is normal or not but ok, here I go: I only like and wear Casio's watches since I was a lil kid and I dont know but I cant wear other brand...I just feel naked if I do. I dont mean Casio's the best brand ever but for me...it is. I feel safe with a watch that doesnt need a battery and has a nice light...do you think one of this watches would last 100 years or more? I do.
    Anyway I like watches myself and I appreciate brands like Tisson, Swatch, Rolex, but Casio is my fav one.
    Totally normal I think:-D

I only wear SEIKO's, G-SHOCK'S, and some types of CITIZEN.

As for the CASIO non G-Shock, they have that real executive look which I don't like, but that's just me..

CASIO G-SHOCK all the way and the more colours the better

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

hi batman,

you seems to be perfectly normal. for myself: I am relative new to casio watches, I own and wear them now - not much longer - than about one and a half year. before that I was only interested in analog watches and they had to be mechanicals too. in the last 1,5 years analog watches became almost totally uninteresting to me, especially such without quartz movements. the only analog watches that I find interesting these days are brands like luminox, KHS, Traser - namely those which are equiped with tritium vials for their outstanding (and permanent) night legibility.

its really strange but I can't wear an analog watch no longer than a few hours (except for the night time), I find it rather uncomfortable. it makes me fell kind of fidgety if I miss my stopwatch, my countdown-timer, my solar panel etc....

another really annoying thing in my opinion is, that on almost every watch you can buy nowadays (regardless of price and brand - casio and a very few others excepted) it seems to become a *fashion* that the crystal stands above the bezel or - at best - is on the same level. this might not be a big issue if the crystal is made of sapphire, but nevertheless for me it just doesen't feel right or good. why they can't make watches with the bezel above the crystal (like g-shocks or pro-treks) and not vice versa. it gives you much more confidence that your crystal (the weakest point on a watch isn't it?) is well protected and just makes you feel better - at least me.

regards, holger
    We are 12.6 %

Hi how are you guys all doing?
    Yeah you normal :-D, I collect watches so I have more than one watch. The one I wear the most and most at home with is my cheap DW5600E, I also own a G-5600-1JF which I love but I do not wear it as often as I would like to. Since wearing a digital watch, I find it kind of hard to read a normal analog watch (slower). I think eveybody love G shock is becasue it's replaceable, easy to read/used and you can buy one anywhere in the world. LONG LIVE THE G..

Yes, you are entirely normal - but then you're asking the wrong people, really. We think it's normal to look at watches when you don't need to know the time, and to carry a picture of a just-ordered model in our pockets...
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125
    ...and to carry a picture of a just-ordered model in our pockets...
    I thought I was sick!
    ...It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live!

Lol, I agree with you all, I see we have things in common and that's nice. I also agree with Ozzie: some Casio's non g-shocks suck, really suck but every Casio has something in it's technology that makes it work even in the worst conditions. I remember I used to swin with a Casio that didnt resist water but never broke up because of that. Now is kinda of death because it has no battery and I save it as an ancient piece of electronics...
    I wanna get a Protrek in these days but I still dont know which one should I choose.
    Be today, better than yesterday.
    Batman

Banned

u are not alone in this feeling.i also can not wear a simple watch, as after using protreks and g shock sensor watches for last 5 years i feel sort of incomplete if i wear a simple watch for any occasion .i wear these oversized and unconventional looking watches on every occasion.i do not care about fashion statement or what people will think! its my life and i will even wear a snake on my wrist if it pleases me,people,s opinion be damned!
    someone once asked me that why i wore such huge casio prt 40 watch in social occasions too as it looks very unfashionable.my reply was that i live life for myself and i do not think about other people,s opinion.
    infact i am amazed at those people who wear 1000 $ watches that only show time!and that too analog! ,,,as for me if i can have a dozen useful functions on my wrist at 100 $ or so price range ,than it is much more logical to go for that,as for people,s opinion we should not care about them.

Thread Information