WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Am I the only one here who likes Stealthed Gs?

1K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Any Cal. 
#1 · (Edited)
:-dJust Kidding!:-d

Sorry, had to do it. I got my new watch a couple days ago, so apparently it is mandatory I post pics.:think: Well, not being able to leave well enough alone, I had to stealth the lettering on my new DW 5600. You know, it helped, but I really like the sterile dials of military watches, and kept wanting a way to do the same to the new G.

This is my first attempt. It took a little getting used to, but now I'm hooked. When you look at the time, all you see is...the time. No distractions, bright lettering, it is all tool.

Well, since I liked it, I started talking to a sign company about building these for me in colors.|> Hmmm. Flat green to go with the black band, a popping red or blue to go with the white band...you get the idea. I think these would look better than mine, because they would be one piece rather than having the lines like mine. These would also protect a large portion of the crystal from scratches.

Anyway, I wanted to show everyone my new tool watch. Also, I am wondering if anyone else likes it. If so, pipe up, and we may be able to get some of these out and about to bring new life into an old watch, and make it truly different than the rest of them.

If you don't like it, just say "Very nice Any Cal., now go play with your toys." :-d

See less See more
#2 ·
:-dJust Kidding!:-d

Sorry, had to do it. I got my new watch a couple days ago, so apparently it is mandatory I post pics.:think: Well, not being able to leave well enough alone, I had to stealth the lettering on my new DW 5600. You know, it helped, but I really like the sterile dials of military watches, and kept wanting a way to do the same to the new G.

This is my first attempt. It took a little getting used to, but now I'm hooked. When you look at the time, all you see is...the time. No distractions, bright lettering, it is all tool.

Well, since I liked it, I started talking to a sign company about building these for me in colors.|> Hmmm. Flat green to go with the black band, a popping red or blue to go with the white band...you get the idea. I think these would look better than mine, because they would be one piece rather than having the lines like mine. These would also protect a large portion of the crystal from scratches.

Anyway, I wanted to show everyone my new tool watch. Also, I am wondering if anyone else likes it. If so, pipe up, and we may be able to get some of these out and about to bring new life into an old watch, and make it truly different than the rest of them.

If you don't like it, just say "Very nice Any Cal., now go play with your toys." :-d
I am so lost...:-d

Very nice Any Cal. looks ultra stealth.

#8 ·
You could make your own 'covers'. Just need to get the right color plastic, then cut carefully.

#14 ·
Yes, the cover is made of tape. I did it as proof of concept to see how it would look. At this point, I am wondering how many would be interested in doing something similiar, either in black or other colors.

While these can be built out of various materials, I thought some might be interested in getting decals made to do the same thing as I did with tape. They can be done in different colors and gloss finishes. I have been talking to a sign maker about doing sheets of these. Right now, she has the flat black available, and possibly other colors if they don't need to be a flat finish. Tomorrow I am going to be getting some more info on pricing for additional colors.

It sounds as if quite a few are interested in the look. I like mine, but doing it with tape is not nearly as clean as having a decal to do it. The decals are simple, and are slightly larger than the crystal, with the square cut out in the center. If desired, the slight overlap could be cut off, or just left alone as the bezel would cover it.

If there could be some ideas of the ideal colors and finishes, we could get something going for a package of say 3-4 colors with a couple decals in each color. I thought that the flat black would be a shoe in, but a khaki or olive flat would be neat with the black bezel as well. Maybe a gloss blue or orange to go with the white?

I don't know how it would all work out, but if you are interested in some decal/crystal protectors, just pipe up. It looks like it would take about 10 people wanting them to get started with the black, and I will know more about what colors are available tomorrow, along with what would be required to get rolling on those or special order colors.

If you have any comments or ideas, throw them out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.