Am I the only one like this or is anyone else just like me?

Thread: Am I the only one like this or is anyone else just like me?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Am I the only one like this or is anyone else just like me?

I have been buying several G-shocks these days because I am addicted to them, but I noticed something about myself.

These watches are water-proof, shock resist and has many other cool functions. But, for some reason, I find myself treating the watch like it is not water-proof and fragile. To be more specific, I am afraid to get it wet and I am afraid to drop the watch. I am being extra careful when wearing these watches when they can take some abuse.

I came home today and first thing I did was wipe off any sweat that got on the watch from wearing it.

I know in the other thread on GULFMAN, someone posted pictures of the brand new watch in the ice and water. I just can't do it. But I know it will do no harm to the watch.

Am I just being too anal about it or is there anyone else like me??? I was just curious. Thanks in advance for sharing!

Re: Am I the only one like this or is anyone else just like me?

im the same way!! i always clean the display and wipe down the whole unit lol. i also protect it like its an infant

Ground and Pound, that is what it is made for. Worry free with the G...
    Better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Same here... I always wipe down after each use and dry them before storage. Hahahaha!
    -Jimmy Mac!-
    "Was She Looking At Me or Was She Looking at My G?"

U are not alone, I am even afraid to scratch the case back.

And I take care of em, just the way I do my mechanical watches.

This is getting out of hand ........

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNasty1 View Post
    Ground and Pound, that is what it is made for. Worry free with the G...

I hope eventually I can wear them the way its supposed to be worn!

Quote Originally Posted by aStRoRdInArY View Post
    im the same way!! i always clean the display and wipe down the whole unit lol. i also protect it like its an infant
    So glad to know I am not the only one! :thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flamenco View Post
    U are not alone, I am even afraid to scratch the case back.

And I take care of em, just the way I do my mechanical watches.

This is getting out of hand ........

Honestly, I am almost the same. I check the watch from each angle under a light to see if there are any scratch from wearing them and my wife thinks I am going crazy! lol

If only they could be sent for polishing (which will probably cost as much as the watch) ...

Tungsten24, you're in good company !
    I'm very much like that, however, I'm making a real effort to stop babying my Gs and, strangely, I have to say that I'm enjoying them a lot more. The fact of the matter is that these things are built to take some real beatings and still look good afterwards.
    Heck, I even left the Auto El on ALL night on my GW5000, that's how tough life is for my G-Shocks !! By the way, it was the sticky thread on the CTL1616 endurance test that convinced me that I was being really anal about battery life on the solar models. I think I'm at least cured of the 'phobic' notion that 3 EL activations will deplete the battery in 2 nanoseconds. This was compounded last week when I got my NOS PRG100 Protrek (the alti/baro model with the mega large graph display). It arrived with a fully dead solar battery, but as this watch has been out of production for a good couple of years, as far as I can gather, this was no surprise. Within 2 minutes of exposure to sunlight however, it came to life and within 4 hours of direct sunlight it had gained enough charge for full sensor use. It went up to full charge after another 16 hours or so of direct sunlight and has stayed there ever since (even with Auto El on all night). This again only helped strengthen my confidence in Casio's tough solar technology.

In addition, the other day - out of curiosity and anal retention - I decided to open up one of my other solar models to straighten a slightly crooked solar panel (GW6900 - yellow). Now, this was the first time I've opened up a solar G, but the first thing that struck me was this: It's no more difficult to replace a rechargeable battery in a Tough Solar model than it is to change the battery in a conventional G. With this realisation came the revelation that I should just use these watches as much as I like and enjoy them. (BTW, I've been swimming with the watch twice since and there have been no issues with water leakage - If you're careful opening and closing these watches you'll be fine. I change all the batteries myself in my conventional models and have never had a problem - I really think that the fear of losing WR is severely overstated.) The solar panel is now straight too!
    So, with that, I'm hopefully going to go forth and give my Gs a slightly harder time - I might even get them slightly muddy...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information