Am i weird for not wanting to wear my non-special gshock watches?
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Am i weird for not wanting to wear my non-special gshock watches?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Off topic Am i weird for not wanting to wear my non-special gshock watches?

I dont even own those rare/vintage/ultra collectible or even expensive g-shocks

i got a g100 and 2 ga100's not a single of them was wrapped around my wrist.

i just like to look at them. It usually goes like this... I take them off the box, play with them for a minute or 2, then they go back inside the box.

now im thinking of buying a g5600e, and i keep saying to myself that im gonna wear it daily, but i have a doubt that once the watch is already with me, it would have the same fate as the first 3.

any brain doctors here? Can i still be cured?

sorry for the ot, just venting i guess
    Andrew_navigator likes this.

Re: Am i weird for not wanting to wear my non-special gshock watches?

To confirm: yes, you are weird.

Everyone knows that collectibles should be kept in their original boxes.....
    MIKE

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You bought the watch with your hard earned money, enjoy it while it still lasts.
    Unless of course you are a millionaire.
    kcohS-G and Knives and Lint like this.
    G-Shock GW-5000-1AJF
    G-Shock DW-5000-1JF
    G-Shock GW-5000B-1JR
    Omega Seamaster Professional 2254.50
    Omega Seamaster Professional 2254.50 (well you know, for backup)
    Rolex Osyter Perpetual 116000 Silver.

Quote Originally Posted by kcohS-G View Post

i just like to look at them. It usually goes like this... I take them off the box, play with them for a minute or 2, then they go back inside the box.

now im thinking of buying a g5600e, and i keep saying to myself that im gonna wear it daily, but i have a doubt that once the watch is already with me, it would have the same fate as the first 3.
    Where do "special G-Shocks" fit into this story?

It sounds like the thread title could just as easily be "Am I weird for buying G-Shocks and never wearing them?"

Another question is "exactly WHY don't you wear them?" Do you not like their sizes, or way they fit your wrist, or are you just trying to keep them in mint condition?
    Crater and soulbridgemedia like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kcohS-G View Post

any brain doctors here? Can i still be cured?

sorry for the ot, just venting i guess
    Me either i usually wear my wife's G as my daily beater since my frogman spare part is getting more expensive..so i let it inside the box wear it only on special time...taking out just for few shot n sun bathing

Sent from my Lenovo K900_ROW using Tapatalk
    kcohS-G likes this.

I'm not a brain doctor and don't play one on t.v. -- but it does seem weird to me to buy g-shocks and not wear them. If ANY watch was meant to be worn, it's a g-shock!

Of course, I guess some people who collect things don't actually use the things they collect. I guess there's nothing wrong with that. But just curious - do you wear ANY watch? If so, why do you not wear your g-shocks??

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    Where do "special G-Shocks" fit into this story?

It sounds like the thread title could just as easily be "Am I weird for buying G-Shocks and never wearing them?"

Another question is "exactly WHY don't you wear them?" Do you not like their sizes, or way they fit your wrist, or are you just trying to keep them in mint condition?
    Haha, i made the title that way so that others wont assume i own a vintage 1980's mint g shock or something. But i like them all, even the bulk. I guess you are right, Maybe im trying to keep them mint (which is the crazy part since they are run of the mill models). Im even looking at youtube right now on diy watch case videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    I'm not a brain doctor and don't play one on t.v. -- but it does seem weird to me to buy g-shocks and not wear them. If ANY watch was meant to be worn, it's a g-shock!

Of course, I guess some people who collect things don't actually use the things they collect. I guess there's nothing wrong with that. But just curious - do you wear ANY watch? If so, why do you not wear your g-shocks??
    Tbh, havent worn a watch for over a decade. The last watch i owned was a swatch (its still ticking in the closet btw)

lvt

Wear and enjoy your watches before the aliens invade our planet.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Quote Originally Posted by lvt View Post
    Wear and enjoy your watches before the aliens invade our planet.
    Hmmm since the chances of an alien species invading us are 0.0000000001%, are you trying to say that i should "NOT" wear them? :)) jk

right now im conditioning myself to wear one of the ga100's... Then Make a diy watch box for only 3 watches... Then order the g5600e... Then put the g5600e, g100 and other ga100 inside the box... Then Leave wus forever. Lol... Cuckoooo...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information