Amazing What a New Pair of Shoes Can Do (HR Carbon Fiber on Edifice Modem Scorcher)

Thread: Amazing What a New Pair of Shoes Can Do (HR Carbon Fiber on Edifice Modem Scorcher)

Amazing What a New Pair of Shoes Can Do (HR Carbon Fiber on Edifice Modem Scorcher)

Posted this on the Affordables Forum, but thought it also appropriate for the Gshock Forum...

It's really amazing how much a new pair of shoes can do for a watch's image.

In this case, my Edifice EQWM1000. I have loved the look and the features of this Atomic Solar watch ever since I got it about a year and half ago, but it has never really gotten too much wrist time. I realized a little while ago it was because of the cheezy bracelet that it came with.

The bracelet made me feel as though the watch was trying too hard to be dressy and upscale, making me feel like a "poser" when I wore it.

Finally, couldn't take it anymore and decided on a Hadley Roma water resistant Carbon Fiber. The water resistant band is a perfect match to the watch's 100m WR rating, and the Carbon fiber matches nicely to the subtle carbon fiber pattern on the subdial me thinks

The only thing that would've made it perfect is if Hadley Roma had the same model strap with red stitching. I'm EXTREMELY happy otherwise. The other slight annoyance has more to do with the shape of the watch's case at the lugs. With the new HR Carbon Fiber on it now, the old folded end links are gone, exposing the sides of the case at the lugs. Can't pinpoint it, but the shape of the case seems a bit off at the lugs. Minor thing really.

Enjoy the pics...this thing is going into heavy rotation starting tomorrow

Last edited by ZASKAR36; March 10th, 2011 at 23:49.

Re: Amazing What a New Pair of Shoes Can Do (HR Carbon Fiber on Edifice Modem Scorcher)

Yeah! The carbonfiber look really matches the watch, nice choice.

Re: Amazing What a New Pair of Shoes Can Do (HR Carbon Fiber on Edifice Modem Scorcher)

Very nice combination! And, you're right, some red stitching would be the icing on the cake!

Good job!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That's a great addition to an excellent watch. IMO the lugs to strap fit is fine and I the plain black stitching is straight up classy.

Thanks Guys...I'm really geeking out right now. About to eat dinner and I'm getting excited about straping this thing on for its first "official day-on wrist" tomorrow LOL.

looks great

matches really well

Looks great. I bought a Seiko 5 which had a folded link bracelet. The case is polished and the bracelet is brushed. I bought after seeing another members photos of one just like it on a leather strap. I just got the leather strap this week. It has gone from wear it once in a while to at least once a week. I will be posting photos of it on the Seiko forum in the future. Makes a great start for those looking to check out automatics.

P.S. lugs look fine.

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Thread Information