Amazon sells used watches
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Amazon sells used watches

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Amazon sells used watches

I just replied to a thread on this subject in the Omega forum, but I thought I should share my experiences here as well.
    In the last six months I have bought three watches from Amazon directly ("Ships from and sold by Amazon"): Casio DW6600C-1V and PAW1300-1V, and a Timex ironman. All three showed obvious signs of being returned items: fingerprints, missing/crumpled crystal covering, watch not showing through the box window, torn box, etc.
    In the case of the PAW1300-1V, the resin band had actual mud in the grooves, and something like dried cola on it. Obviously somebody wore this watch for a weekend on a camping trip, and then sent it back to Amazon, who promptly sent it off to me as a "New" watch.
    Once, ok it might be a mistake - but three times in a row?? I now believe it is a policy of theirs to try to sell used watches as new, and I will never, ever, buy another watch from Amazon.
    Has anyone else had this happen?

Joel

Re: Amazon sells used watches

Yes, twice.

Once with the Zombie Killer 6900, and once with a Garmin GPS unit for the car (not a watch). The watch arrived with no B+P, but it was cheap and I kept it anyway. I looked back at the ad and saw that it was listed as no B+P. But it had marks on it from wear. I could have returned it, but I couldn't find that model anywhere else so I kept it.

The Garmin GPS looked NIB, but when I went to register the unit at Garmin.com, its serial number had already been registered! Amazon took it back, I got my money back. I then went to my local Best Buy in Manhattan for the GPS and it was flawless.

I've ordered lots of Casios from Amazon, and they've all been mint, BNIB. Maybe because they are mostly Pathfinders, and not G's (less popular). I've returned a bunch too just because I didn't like them or whatever, and always got a full refund. Re-selling them is probably why Amazon can afford such a liberal return policy.

I'll continue to order from them until it gets intolerable...
    Last edited by GregNYC; September 29th, 2009 at 18:47.

--Greg

I received a new Casio just last week from Amazon. Watch was new and in pristine shape. A day after I placed order, the price was reduced by more than $10. I sent them a email and refund was applied to my card. I'm happy with everything that I have bought from them.
    Bulova Accutron
    Hamilton "Golden Boy"
    Tissot Ballade
    Casio G Shock GW2500-A1
    Omega Seamaster 212.30.41.20.01.002

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

So far, everything has been brand new, or at least it looked brand new. That said, I am sure that I have some of the watches that Archer6 has returned.
    GTR83 likes this.

Again, I've ordered several g-shocks from amazon and ALL of them have been new watches...no problems, fast shipping and at times unbeatable prices.

Joel, have you contacted Amazon customer service about this? They need to be made aware of this flaw in their system, and in my experience they are pretty good about issuing gift certificates to make up for your dissatisfaction.
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

Of course they are going to resell returns.

Should they inspect them when they are returned and before they are reshipped? Absolutely. If there are any signs of wear, they should not be accepted as a return. From what I understand, they have a strict return policy on watches but it's obvious that they are not adhered to.

I havent had any issues with getting used watches from Amazon, knock on wood.
    Couple of watches here and there

I just had my first experience with buying a watch from Amazon (G9000-8V) and was sadly disappointed. First the watch was laying loosely in the G-Shock box (there should have had something to secure the watch in it's place) and the minutes on the watch was not working, WTH. So I went online to the AAFES website (military) and bought the frogman (GW200MS-1) and waiting for it to arrive :)

Undoubtedly they sell returns or used watches. I ordered a Citizen watch that had a bracelet that was composed of SS with rubber inserts. The rubber was scratched!
    "Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory."--Albert Schweitzer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information