Is amazon (us) always this slow ??
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Is amazon (us) always this slow ??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Suspended

Is amazon (us) always this slow ??

It's been a while since I ordered something from amazon. I don't remember it taking this long.

I am patiently waiting on this

I ordered it last Thursday. I took the free super saver shipping. amazon says it is in transit. They provided a tracking number that they say is a USPS number, for which there is no history at USPS. Oddly I did find the number at FedEx, although the history says that it has yet to be picked up by FedEx.

Amazon provides a delivery date for Saturday which would be 9 days from order date.

If I knew it would take this long I would have ordered from Singapore and saved some money.

Is this normal? I am reconsidering ordering from amazon again, or at least calculate in some reasonable shipping into the cost.

Re: Is amazon (us) always this slow ??

Super saver shipping varies quite a bit but in my experience it is usually pretty slow, its free. I usually use it only if I'm ordering something I really don't need any time soon.
    Buran Siberia (x2 black and white), Aviator Chrono II (poljot31681), Ferrari Jumbo Pit Crew,Alpha Jump Hour, MZI Skeleton, MKII Stingray,Elgin 18s,Agat stopwatch, Sturmanskie Sputnik,Raketa Pilot, Poljot Traveller,Tscheljabinsk military clock, Kirovskie Crab, Vostok Amphibia (tank dial), 3133 Strela replica, Alpha Jumphour Tank,Denissov Barracuda 31681,Laco B-Uhr type B, Stowa Antea KS

Pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cavallino33

The "Free Super Saver" shipping is hit or miss. I've ordered things using it and sometimes it ships out right away and sometimes, I think it goes around the world before it gets to my door.

If I really want the item, I choose standard shipping. It seems faster.

I hope you get your watch soon.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

When selecting free super saver do not excpect shipping faster then 2 weeks...

But sometimes faster but do not count on it!
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

The few SuperSaver shipping items I recieved took about a week to arrive. If they say it will be there Thursday I would add another day or two just to be safe. One of my packages overshot the delivery date by a couple days. Its always nailbiting waiting for a new watch, but when using SuperSaver just know you will chew all fingernails down to the nubbins on both hands, not just one.
    Sellers: Topher1556, JERSTERCA, GGD, Shaefro58, eeek, mvyadam, withthesword, fantasma, manitoujoe, jackhlin, flipe8, 94dakar, & davewg .... :thanks!!

5 years ago, free shipping from amazon typically meant a 3 to 5 day delivery to my door, often by ups if the package was large.

now, free shipping means i've had orders not even leave amazon's warehouse until 5 days after the order.

JiffPop likes this.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by a-Tom-ic View Post
    5 years ago, free shipping from amazon typically meant a 3 to 5 day delivery to my door, often by ups if the package was large.

now, free shipping means i've had orders not even leave amazon's warehouse until 5 days after the order.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers this...

As everyone else said so far, I've had very mixed experiences w/ Super Saver Shipping. Upgraded to Prime about a year ago, highly recommended, especially for impatient types (like myself :P)!

Quote Originally Posted by a-Tom-ic View Post

I still get pretty much 75% of my Books, Blu Ray orders in 3-5days. Everything else seems to take forever
    Current Rotation:

ROLEX Submariner 114060
    ROLEX Explorer II 216570
    SEIKO Marine Master SBDX012
    ORIS TT1 Diver Date

OMEGA Seamaster Diver 300M
    OMEGA Speedmaster Pro Moon
    DOXA Sub 1200T Professional
    BALL Engineer II Marvelight
    ALPINA Startimer Pilot Chrono

...20+ SEIKOs

INSTAGRAM:
    da
    mianwojo

USPS is the problem. It's the first choice that Amazon uses for free shipping. (you get what you pay for) And it's been my experience that it's not unusual to have the same exact experience you are having, except I rarely choose that option.

I absolutely hate it when I order a watch via Amazon, but which a third party sells as most use USPS even if I choose expedited shipping (1-3 days) after processing.

My very first choice is to order from Amazon, when it's a watch they ship and sell, as then I can choose second day delivery (which arrives on the second day after I place the order) since Amazon processes all orders within just a few hours and get's them into the FedEx system the same day I've ordered the watch. That option is usually only about $10.00 and well worth it in my opinion. Especially since I pay no sales tax which saves me nearly 10%.

If I'm in a real rush I can choose next day which is usually around $20 and the watch is in my hands in less than 24 hours. Amazon is really fast.

All in all, I have zero complaints with Amazon. Especially since contrary to public opinion they are nearly always the least expensive and if not it's only a matter of a few bucks with little exception.

Cheers...

example: recently someone on the forum directed me to another site which was indeed lower than anyone else , but before I placed the order I did a last minute check on Amazon and they had just lowered their price $20 (from the prior day) and that watch will be here on Friday. So I never buy anywhere else until I check Amazon first, as they tend to discount before many of the other sites.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information