ana/digi

Thread: ana/digi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned

ana/digi

As some of you know, I've been looking for an ana/digi to help me with my job of GPS map testing. I thought about getting another GW1200, but the battery issue kind of worries me and I'm not too crazy about bracelets. Brilliant looking watch though! I recently bought a GW-330 and I love the black and gold combo and I liked my Giez and was not happy about the lume, but this one looks like it takes care of everything I'm looking for since it has a light. I'd like to see some real world photos, but not even Seiya has this one on his site yet. Does anyone own this model? It is the GS-1050B-5ADR. I assume it would be an atomic, but I don't see a recieve button.

Re: ana/digi

Hi,
    looking good . And it seems to use the same module as the GW-2500 . On that model you start a manual receive by pressing the adjust button for 2 seconds (I got the manual for the GW-2500 right in front of me 'cause this will probably be my next G) - don't know why they changed it, but they probably have a reason for it .
    I wonder though why there is no 'multiband 6' on the watch anywhere - maybe they come in a atomic and non-atomic version.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    I got the manual for the GW-2500 right in front of me 'cause this will probably be my next G
    I have had all three models of GW2500. As much as I like the looks and functionality of this watch, I have returned all three. This is no reflection on this fine model, but simply my personal opinion that it looks too small on my large wrist.

The reason I tried three times is that the first time, I did not notice that the watch is available with either a positive or negative digital display, and the first one, a GW2500BD-1A came with the negative display, and bracelet. It was very hard to read, even with my 20/20 vision.

Next I ordered the GW2500B-1A and the company sent me the GW2500-1A by mistake. It is also a negative display, with a resin strap.

My third order yielded the proper model, however I simply could not get used to it's relatively small size.

What I did learn in the process and the reason for this post, is to suggest trying the GW1500B-1A as the positive display is the best of the lot, easily read with only one caveat, and that is the small numbers in the digital display. That aside, this is one very nice model.

Cheers...

Link to pics of all three, on Casio's site: http://www.casio.com/products/Timepi...t/GW2500BD-1A/
    Last edited by archer6; September 6th, 2009 at 00:42. Reason: add link

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

:thanks for the info. Since the GW-2500 has the same case as the GW-2000 I already know that it fits my wrist perfectly. But good to know about the negative display. Right know I wanted to go with the GW-2500B-1A which has a normal display with amber background and the orange hour hand - I already liked this very much on the GW-2000 so I want it on the GW-2500 too. I'm still not sure about the coating though .
    btw: in this thread the module number of the GIEZ is mentioned: 5105:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/showpos...80&postcount=6

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Banned

I'll keep looking to see if I can find more info on it. I first saw this Giez on Amazon, but it doesn't show the specs, only the price. If it isn't atomic, it is a dealbreaker for the purposes I need it for, not to mention the price.

How ironic Sedi, as I too have had (and returned) the GW-2000BD. I loved the bracelet and it fit perfectly right out of the box. In my case it's truly indecision on my part, as I really like both the 2000 & 2500.

I just cannot get over the feeling that they look too small on me, as my bias is, and has always been towards the larger watches. This is why I am so thrilled with my GW-6900BD-1JF, since as you know it's one of the largest G's. I also like the round shape and the incredibly comfortable bracelet.

Regarding the two we are discussing I find the all black look, the interesting faces and dials to be very compelling. I may indeed go back to one or the other. Normally decisive, these two have my head spinning....ha..ha..ha...

Cheers...

Hi,
    I just checked the manual for the module and it ain't atomic but I'm pretty sure there will be also an atomic version of this watch:
    http://ftp.casio.co.jp/pub/world_man.../en/qw5105.pdf

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Talking about the displays, the negative display has the effect of blending into the face when the watch is seen from an angle.

As far as the size, here it is on a 7-3/4" wrist.

From a looks standpoint I truly like the negative display.

Yet preferring "at a glance readability" the positive works best for me.

See how easily confused I am... ha..ha..ha..

Cheers...

Actually the solution is easy, if not expensive.... I need them all...heh!

How ironic Sedi, as I too have had (and returned) the GW-2000BD. I loved the bracelet and it fit perfectly right out of the box. In my case it's truly indecision on my part, as I really like both the 2000 & 2500

I just cannot get over the feeling that they look too small on me, as my bias is, and has always been towards the larger watches.
    My GW-2000BD arrived yesterday and I am also on the verge of sending it back. After years of wearing larger G-Shocks this one just looks to small on my wrist. Pity it was not just a little bit bigger as I really like all the functions crammed into the module.

Have also been admiring the GS-1050B the bronze/rose finish looks awesome. Hopefully an atomic variant is not too long in coming

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information